Looking for a good power inverter to run laptop & printer in my truck?

I am trying to set up my work truck with a laptop & a printer. I need advise on what power inverter to buy and is 750 watts enough to run both continously.... Whats the best buy for the job????

Favorite Answer

Most Notebook computers can get get along well on 100-200 watts. How much power you need for your printer could very greatly. look for information on the printer that tells you how many volts and amps the printer uses.

volts x amps = watts.

If there is an AC to DC adapter then get this information for the AC volts and AC amps (which is the input to the power adapter).

I bought an inverter at PEP Boys that I like alot.

It is the largest inverter they have that can be run from the cigarette lighter (400 watts). It was about 30 dollars.

They have much larger inverters but they should be connected directly to the battery.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): good power inverter run laptop printer truck: https://biturl.im/UPL3C

Has anyone ran into the problem of the HP all in one office jet printer not working on a power inverter. It works fine when plugged into 110 in the house but will not even blink off a 1000 watt inverter. I know some printers work on inverters

Check on the power requirement of the printer. The laptop should be Ok at max 125W. ~

eBay has very good deals on inverters.

750w should be enough. Just shop around and ask the stores. Also, check out places such as newegg.com