beesting asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do Americans realize that the "NEO" added to neo-conservative means New World Order?

Bush Sr. started the phrase,"New World Order", it was so objectional to most that they renamed it neo-con!

From Websters:

ne or neo [ from greek]

b: new and different period or form of

: in a new or different form or manner

c: "NEW WORLD"!!!!

It looks like to me we have a lot of posters that need to buy and learn how to use a dictionary.

I wouldn't have posted this question if I hadn't consulted my Websters first.

Best Answer

I'm inclined to agree with you, but not without some proof to verify my suspicions.

because of the damaging connotations linked with the term. good reason too, because of the fact the neo-cons might take united statesa. returned to the stone age if allowed. EDIT: To the GOPer: "Why carry out a little human beings deny the validity of the term "Lib-tard"? when you consider that's no extra advantageous than a moronic slur from those lacking intelligence to think of for themseklves. Do you fall into that catagory? seem up definition of neo-con as a seek. an extremely definition exits. attempt that with "libtard". city dictionary at suitable. Yeah factor shown.

Actually, H G Welles wrote a book called New World Order. Look it up.

• Ken C

Wow, you need to study a bit lad...

Neocon was FIRST used to describe Harry Truman and later JFK. In the 60's and 70's the "American Socialist Party" headed by "Michael Harrington" began using it as an insult against DEMOCRATs or "Itellectual Liberals" as he called them, because they believed in a Strong Military and Lower Taxes.

So, the way I look at it, is if the "American Socialist Party" wants to insult me, I take it as a compliment.

Since I know you just Parrot what you hear, without bothering to research, please stay away from asking questions that show your lack of education.

This really make you look stupid...

I dont care who started it....That IN NO WAY means "New World Order''. Open a godamn dictionary or something.

That phrase has been around for many years. Where is your proof that Bush started it?

I don't believe neocon means New World Order, but it certainly is part of their imperialistic agenda.

No, really!? Oh my gosh! Good job, I think that deserves a cookie.

Neo means new,you head banging dipstick. Nothing more,nothing less.

Oh oh... now the guys in the black helicopters are coming for you. You won't last a week from today, I bet!