how much does it cost to have heart bypass surgery??

my dad just had a heart attack today

it was a small heart attack

the doctors say he'll be fine

but they say he will need bypass surgery

how much does it cost??

some more details:

i live in houston

my dad's 53

he had i think 3 arteries blocked or however u say it

Favorite Answer

Houston area, my bill was $169,000.00 but since I am on medicare received a $135,000.00 discount, leaving a balance of approx: $34,000.00.

Heart Bypass Surgery Cost

1

Source(s): Destroy Diabetes Starting Today : http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?BKVL

This completely depends on what country you live in and whether he is insured by a government program (Medicare in the US) or private/commercial insurance (such as Aetna, Cigna). Also, remember the amount paid to the hospital on a patient on Medicare or Commercial Insurance is a negotiated rate for that specific surgery. For example, they most likely have a rate of ~$30,000 which the hospital will be paid on a bypass surgery without complications. The kicker is if the patient does not have insurance and does not qualify for assistance the patient gets a bill from the hospital for each little item! In other words, they won't bill the patient the $30,000 but most likely this number would be inflated 3-4 times. If this is a real concern talk to someone in the hospital billing department...they can answer your questions. Please no my answer is based on the American system. Good luck!

My husband had a heart by-pass about five years ago. We do not have a Medigap policy. The bill was about $159,000. Our final bill was about $1600.00. few months later be got a check back for $900.00. I am wondering if these gap policies are junk. I can't find any thing on the web. We are just a retired couple with average income...not on any govt. assistance. Also he was in the hospital two years ago for nine days and our bill was $1100.00. Everyone insists we need an atvantage policy but think we are better off. I'll appreciate any responce.

It all depends on the country or place where you are in. In the philippines, you can get a heart bypass surgery for less than 10,000 US dollars. this of course includes the professional fees of the doctors and the hospital cost.

I think that health insurance should cover the cost of the surgery minus any deductible that you may have. The total cost would be about 50,000 to 70,000, I think.

• Joanne

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awern

1,5L to 2L inclusive of all

in Arkansas, usa with medicare

• K M

In Canada it is covered by the provincial health program.