how much does it cost to have heart bypass surgery??

my dad just had a heart attack today

it was a small heart attack

the doctors say he'll be fine

but they say he will need bypass surgery

how much does it cost??

Update:

some more details:

i live in houston

my dad's 53

he had i think 3 arteries blocked or however u say it

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Houston area, my bill was $169,000.00 but since I am on medicare received a $135,000.00 discount, leaving a balance of approx: $34,000.00.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Heart Bypass Surgery Cost

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Destroy Diabetes Starting Today : http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?BKVL
  • 1 decade ago

This completely depends on what country you live in and whether he is insured by a government program (Medicare in the US) or private/commercial insurance (such as Aetna, Cigna). Also, remember the amount paid to the hospital on a patient on Medicare or Commercial Insurance is a negotiated rate for that specific surgery. For example, they most likely have a rate of ~$30,000 which the hospital will be paid on a bypass surgery without complications. The kicker is if the patient does not have insurance and does not qualify for assistance the patient gets a bill from the hospital for each little item! In other words, they won't bill the patient the $30,000 but most likely this number would be inflated 3-4 times. If this is a real concern talk to someone in the hospital billing department...they can answer your questions. Please no my answer is based on the American system. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

My husband had a heart by-pass about five years ago. We do not have a Medigap policy. The bill was about $159,000. Our final bill was about $1600.00. few months later be got a check back for $900.00. I am wondering if these gap policies are junk. I can't find any thing on the web. We are just a retired couple with average income...not on any govt. assistance. Also he was in the hospital two years ago for nine days and our bill was $1100.00. Everyone insists we need an atvantage policy but think we are better off. I'll appreciate any responce.

• 1 decade ago

It all depends on the country or place where you are in. In the philippines, you can get a heart bypass surgery for less than 10,000 US dollars. this of course includes the professional fees of the doctors and the hospital cost.

• 1 decade ago

I think that health insurance should cover the cost of the surgery minus any deductible that you may have. The total cost would be about 50,000 to 70,000, I think.

• Joanne
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awern

1,5L to 2L inclusive of all

• 4 years ago

in Arkansas, usa with medicare

• K M
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

In Canada it is covered by the provincial health program.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.