How do I fix an Oscillating Sprinkler?

I bought a jobmate sprinkler and three days later it broke and the motor gets stuck at one angle and stays there instead of watering the whole lawn does anyone know how to fix this?

Favorite Answer

Sound like you bought the same cheap-o sprinkler I did. The cause of mine doing this was gear slippage. I tightened all screws and put some lubrication on the gears and it worked for about another 20 min. Then it quit again.

You might as well pitch it in the can. Like the old saying, Buy quality, buy once.

I reckon I've found the answer at last. I tried lubricants, WD40, descalers, and every answer on the web, and still it kept stopping oscillating.

When I turned the sprinkler bar too and fro I felt as though it wasn't moving smoothly. And why did it oscillate for a few minurtes and then stop. Perhaps there was a foreign body inside the mechanism that was floating around inside and jamming the works occasionally.

I unscrewed and removed the part where the hosepipe connects. Also take out the filter.

I didn't bother to disconnect the sprinkler from the frame I just put the whole unit in the kitchen sink and filled the sink with hot water and detergent (washing up liquid) I shloshed the sprinkler in the hot water for a time, moving the sprinkler bar too and fro vigorously for a while. Just to make sure I poured neat dishwasher liguid into the mechanism followed by a kettle full of boiling water. ,After this treatment I noticed that the sprinkler bar movement was now moving so sweetly. With trepidation I connected to the hosepipe. As I write, this was over two hours ago. I switched off the water after and hour then back on again.. It works as good as new. I reckon it was a piece of something inside that jammed the works and the hot detergent treatment disolved it.

By the way, my sprinkler is a Hozelock, about 10 years old. I think I might get a few more years out of it. Good luck.

• spry

Gilmour Oscillating Sprinkler Problems

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awIMT

Try Coca Cola....Really, the phosphorus acid in Coca Cola will break down anything. (In human it breaks down our calcuim build up, yep that right..Coca Cola eats our bones)

save your receipt and cardboard wrapper, box, whatever and take it back. i have had five this summer, orbit brand. it just stopped working again. soaker hoses?