Do guys secretly like fat girls?

I was talking to my male cousin about dating in general, and the topic of preferred weight came up. He said something that I found interesting... That he feels he HAS to date thinner girls to maintain his status with "the guys." Now, he is not in the popular crowd or jocks or anything, he just hangs out... show more I was talking to my male cousin about dating in general, and the topic of preferred weight came up. He said something that I found interesting... That he feels he HAS to date thinner girls to maintain his status with "the guys." Now, he is not in the popular crowd or jocks or anything, he just hangs out with normal guys in a normal-sized crowd. He said if he was less social or less concerned with what his group would think of him, he would LOVE to date a bigger girl (not HUGE, but just chubby). He claims that he find them: "more comfortable to bang" (his words, obviously), better cooks (and just appreciate a good meal more), and less vain.

I find this all really odd, because I've always just assumed that guys preferred thinner girls... but is there some kind of social stigma with being the guy "dating a fat girl" that makes guys feel they HAVE to date the thinner girl?

Let me know what you think... Or if my cousin is just crazy... :)
Update: Sorry dcauswell, I'm definitely not who you are looking for.