Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

A Good Night's Sleep For This Marine?

By the time a Marine pulled into a little town, every hotel room was taken.

"You've got to have a room somewhere," he pleaded. "Or just a bed, I don't care where."

"Well, I do have a double room with one occupant, a Navy guy," admitted the manager, "and he might be glad to split the cost. But to tell you the truth, he snores so loudly that people in adjoining rooms have complained in the past. I'm not sure it'd be worth it to you."

"No problem," the tired Marine assured him. "I'll take it."

The next morning the Marine came down to breakfast bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. "How'd you sleep?" asked the manager.

"Never better."

The manager was impressed. "No problem with the other guy snoring, then?"

"Nope, I shut him up in no time." said the Marine.

"How'd you manage that?" asked the manager.

"He was already in bed, snoring away, when I came in the room," the Marine explained. "I went over, woke him up and gave him a kiss on the cheek, said, 'Goodnight, beautiful,' and he sat up all night watching me."

Favorite Answer

OK, old joke. HaHa. But how does the marine know the sailor watched him all night if he was sleeping?

All I'm saying is, I'd like to know the back-story here.

Source(s): Navy friend.
  • monte

Your meant to get 8 hours of sleep each nighttime yet you will would desire to do whats referred to as fireplace watch for an hour. it quite is an hour long shelter duty schedule that rotates via your platoon. Your shortest volume of sleep will are available the time of the Crucible on the tip of recruit practise. for paying for dressed, you will no longer take transport of "minutes". for many of boot camp your DI gets all people on line (the completed platoon stands at interest on a yellow line) and he will say some thing like "placed your perfect sock on now, 10 9 8 7.." and he will count huge type down very rapid. If each individual does not have their perfect sock on while he's finished you will all take it decrease back off and then probably push. you will unquestionably do this for each article of clothing till all people is dressed. it quite is referred to as via the numbers. As for showers, in the commencing up you will actually purely walk in a as we communicate line in the time of the working showers no longer scuffling with. As you progression oftentimes they supplies you a jiffy. eating, you never understand how a lot time you have in spite of the incontrovertible fact that it quite is rarely adequate! you're no longer allowed to talk or go searching or you would be thrown out of the chow hall no rely in the adventure that your accomplished eating or no longer or your DI will punish the completed platoon and all people would be stated to stop eating. do no longer play around in the time of chow, purely sit down and consume as rapid as achievable. i don't understand what Scott is speaking approximately going to a movie or a bar.. Your no longer likely everywhere like that mutually as in boot camp. i assume thats what they do interior the army yet it quite is why each branch different than the Corps is nasty and undisciplined. you will no longer bypass away the squad bay to do something yet prepare or consume and that's it. No days off. On Sundays you will get marched to church. you do no longer would desire to bypass to church yet once you do no longer you will stay interior the squad bay and sparkling. the suited suggestion i'm going to provide you is don't be the 1st and don't be the final. do exactly purely what your instructed while your instructed to do it. don't be the fool who gets the completed platoon punished considering which you probably did no longer stick to orders. bear in mind it quite is all purely a strategies interest, do no longer take something own and you will do advantageous.

I hope Marine killed that Navy Guy to keep his mouth shut...

i was wrong...

very disappointed..

• Kay

Oh, my! hahaha! this is so funny! If i am the navy, I will make sure is sit up the whole night! what is this guy thinking of doing to me? Is he GaY?!

:)

I love that one, everytime I hear it, it gets better, maybe bc I'm dating a marine!

Now i will never be able to sleep

Very cute

• Zeera

AH HA HA, hahahaha, hahaha, hahaha, oh boy, hahaha.....

10 points for you, sillly...hahahaahaha.

Oh, I can't wait to share that one...giggle.

HA HA Funny! LOL

Ha, ha ha ha ha , That would do it!