If George W. Bush Wasn't President, Do You Think He Would Fight In The Iraq War?
If he could enlist in the War On Terror, do you think he would?
- Anonymous1 decade agoBest Answer
IT'S HIGHLY UNLIKELY MANY REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS WOULD BE VOLUNTEERING.
HERE IS THE LIST OF BRAVE REPUBLICANS WHO PROUDLY BELIEVE IN SENDING OTHERS TO DIE FOR BUSH'S LIES IN IRAQ:
* Dick Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.
* Dennis Hastert: did not serve.
* Tom Delay: did not serve.
* Roy Blunt: did not serve.
* Bill Frist: did not serve.
* Mitch McConnell: did not serve.
* Rick Santorum: did not serve.
* Trent Lott: did not serve.
* John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.
* Jeb Bush: did not serve.
* Karl Rove: did not serve.
* Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee." The man who attacked> Max
* Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.
* Vin Weber: did not serve.
* Richard Perle: did not serve.
* Douglas Feith: did not serve.
* Eliot Abrams: did not serve.
* Richard Shelby: did not serve.
* Jon! Kyl: did not serve.
* Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
* Christopher Cox: did not serve.
* Newt Gingrich: did not serve.
* Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as flight instructor.
* George W. Bush: failed to complete his six-year National Guard; got
assigned to Alabama so he could campaign for family friend running for U.S. Senate; failed to show up for required medical exam, disappeared from duty.
* Ronald Reagan: due to poor eyesight, served in a non-combat role making movies.
* B-1 Bob Dornan: Consciously enlisted after fighting was over in Korea.
* Phil Gramm: did not serve.
* Dana Rohrabacher: did not serve.
* John M. McHugh: did not serve.
* JC Watts: did not serve.
* Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem," although continued in NFL
for 8 years.
* Dan Quayle: Journalism unit of the Indiana National Guard.
* Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.
* George Pataki: did not serve.
* Spencer Abraham: did not serve.
* John Engler: did not serve.
* Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer.
* Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base.
Pundits & Preachers
* Sean Hannity: did not serve.
* Rush Limbaugh: did not serve (4-F with an 'anal cyst.')
* Bill O'Reilly: did not serve.
* Michael Savage: did not serve.
* George Will: did not serve.
* Chris Matthews: did not serve.
* Paul Gigot: did not serve.
* Bill Bennett: did not serve.
* Pat Buchanan: did not serve.
* John Wayne: did not serve.
* Bill Kristol: did not serve.
* Kenneth Starr: did not serve.
* Antonin Scalia: did not serve.
* Clarence Thomas: did not serve.
* Ralph Reed: did not serve.
* Michael Medved: did not serve.
* Charlie Daniels: did not serve.
- 1 decade ago
He would join the Texas air national guard to avoid induction.and go AWOL on a coke binge with Howard Bath. Oh wait that was Vietnam. The National guard is fighting over there with this sham of a war so he would probably have his daddy buy him out.
- 1 decade ago
Well you have to include about 99.9% of the elite in this country too! NONE go to war. No hollywood movie stars, No rock, rap, country, hip hop, jazz etc artist. No politicians and none of their family. The real question is HAVE YOU? Whats your plan of action when the next wave of terrorism happens here? And its going to happen, its just a matter of when. You need more concern about pushing your state senators, and congressmen on NOT PASSING this crock of an imigration bill. CLOSE THE GODDAMN BORDER!!! Keep the fight over there not here.
- 1 decade ago
Heck no! that coward just talks talks talks while innocent people die for his own greed. It's as if you were asking if a king from the roman times would fight in a war. And you know they were really selfish just like Bush. Isn't that title funny "War on Terror", I mean the whole thing is just a big excuse. He is the terrorist!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
You couldn't take bulldozer and put him in Iraq, he wouldn't even fight in Viet Nam when he was in the National Guards , they ask him if he would go to Nam and fight , he told them a big NO! He is a coward but yet he don't mind sending all our troops there to be slaughtered, he is complete 100 % Cheerleader and the biggest coward of any other person in Washington are all the United States or all the rest of the world.
- Listen Up. . .Lv 41 decade ago
Nope, He would immediately enlist in the "Texas National guard", where the chances of going to war are slim.
Hell, it worked just fine for him in the Vietnam war!
George Bush is all "talk" in reality he is nothing but a coward.
He was shaking in his cowboy boots at the thought of going to Vietnam, yet freely sent our men and woman to war. . .
Yes, Bill Clinton also did not go to Vietnam, but at least he was in Oxford on a Rhode scholarship, and didn't have a "Political father" to hide him out in the Vietnam era!
Furthermore, Bill Clinton did not "dress up" in military garb as Bush did pretending he was a soldier-"MISSION ACCOMPLISH" ring a bell??
- The Stylish OneLv 71 decade ago
Yes. We were heading down that path with Clinton remember (ie the Iraqi Liberation Act, Operation Desert Fox, the plots to overthrow Saddam, etc...). Bush just had the excuse (9/11) that Clinton did not have to stage a full scale invasion.
Remember most of the Democrats voted for the war in Congress so there is little reason to believe a Gore administration with Mr. Pro-Iraq War Joe Lieberman as Vice President would have not done the same thing.
- phillippejrLv 43 years ago
people who connect the army are many times human beings from poor financial backgrounds. they many times in simple terms have a intense college commencement. wealthy human beings do no longer connect the army so as subsequently the Bush daughters at the instant are not scuffling with in Iraq. it may additionally could with the reality that they do no longer decide for to pass.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
My hubby always say's G.W. Bush is a chicken hawk.
He didn't fight in the vietnam war (even he was a N.G.) so i doubt he would go to iraq .Source(s): veteran hubby with a purple heart
- 1 decade ago
No George Bush wouldnt. I think the war is more on oil than terror. Think about this he owns a Oil Factory. Yea Coincidence I think not. Plus he is to old
- -RKO-Lv 71 decade ago
You ARE kidding, right? George W. Bush didn't even have the balls to serve his country in the National Guard. Oh, yeah, he wanted to be a 'macho man' and fly a fighter jet, but once Daddy Bush let him do that, he failed to show up for the rest of his tour of duty!!! He was too busy helping a friend run for political office to serve his country, the smug, arrogant, cowardly little bas*ard. -RKO- 06/17/07