Alberto Gonzales?

Does anyone still support this guy? If so, why?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • MUDD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Alberto Gonzales serves at the pleasure of the President. the only way to get rid of him is to impeach the President, which means that you would next be dealing with Cheney. I don't know if Cheney gets any pleasure out of Alberto Gonzales or not, but I do know that he would not be too pleased with anyone who booted his favorite front man and focused all that attention on him.

The other way that Gonzales could get booted is if Congress shut down until he was removed. The problem with that is that they have gotten so little accomplished over the last six or seven years, I don't think anyone would notice the difference. I'm pretty sure that the ultra right wing triumphaists could spin it into some kind of scenario where they were helping the terrorists anyway, which would cause the Democrats to fold. I don't think I could stand to see that George Dubyah smirk again.

So it looks like we are stuck with Alberto unless someone can pin a real crime on him. If he gets convicted of a felony, I'm pretty sure he can't be allowed to serve from prison!

• I think that Bush does because if he ever pulls his support, Gonzales will sing like a canary about what he knows.

I don't know if anyone else really supports him. I think the confidence that the nation had for him in the position is shot. If it is even thought the position has any sort of political play, then the position can't do its job. Gonzales needs to go - one way or another.

• 1 decade ago

Nope, don;t support him.. don't support any of the Bush yes men and hatchet men.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

George Bush does. That's about it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No one but President Bush and bushies!

• 1 decade ago

GW still supports him; I don't think anyone else does.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I do...he is honest and he fired some non productive dem appointed US ATTys who were too afraid to put bad guys in jail..simple and direct

• 1 decade ago

no way, he was just pawn of the GOP... not to mention a bad liar

• 1 decade ago

I might give him a break if he started investigating Feinstein's $1.6 billion in sales given to her husband's company or Reid's shady nepotism and land deals.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.