In college the thing to do is go out to clubs and dance. I am 18 and I don't know how or where to learn.?

I go to college in New York City. I made alot of new friends and they all love to go out to clubs and dance. While dancing I see all of them meeting new people, becoming closer with the people they are dancing with, or just having a great time. For the last 18 years of my life I never danced. I've tried, I had... show more I go to college in New York City. I made alot of new friends and they all love to go out to clubs and dance. While dancing I see all of them meeting new people, becoming closer with the people they are dancing with, or just having a great time. For the last 18 years of my life I never danced. I've tried, I had girls attempt to teach me but that never worked out.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do or where I can go to learn.
Are schools a good option? Can I do anything from my home. I am running out of excuses to tell people why I don't come out and I really want to.
I wish I was not so insecure about myself on this subject.
If anyone has the name of a school or anything that can help me please post!

Thank you.