What kind of Virus is the one that changes my .doc files to .scr? What is the virus called?

My Anti virus is AVG and it doesnt pick up on anything. I would like to know the specific name of the virus so i can do some research on it

Favorite Answer

First of all, if .doc files are involved then you probably have some kind of Word macro virus. .src files are associated with debug scripts, so it is likely that your virus uses Word to spread then it creates .src scripts to control your computer since obviously Word macros cannot do so. There are too many viruses that use .doc macros with .src scripts so trying to figure out what you have is useless. My advice is to delete debug.exe (which is useless unless you are a programmer); you can find it in your Windows folder or do a search for it in the Start Menu. Then go to an online virus scanner since your scanner is probably already infected and will not help you to get rid of the virus.

I'm not sure what kind of research you want to do, but if it is the type that I do on my own, you can learn Visual Basic for Word and then go learn assembly language. If you do this, you will understand how the majority of macro viruses work and you can then deal with these pests better than with your AVG anti-virus. With Microsoft products like Word and Windows, viruses like the one you have are very easy to create and don't take much creativity or knowledge to make. This is why Windows has so many viruses while the other operating systems like Linux have very few.

2

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?BpCj