Rinse aid dispenser clogged on dishwasher?

I just moved into a house that has a dishwasher. When I went to put jet dry in the rinse aid dispenser it was clogged and nothing will drain down into it, it looks to be as if the old tenats put the powder washing powder in this dispenser. I have used the jet dry baskets but prefer to use the dispenser. Any one... show more I just moved into a house that has a dishwasher. When I went to put jet dry in the rinse aid dispenser it was clogged and nothing will drain down into it, it looks to be as if the old tenats put the powder washing powder in this dispenser. I have used the jet dry baskets but prefer to use the dispenser. Any one have any advice on how I might be able to unclogg this? I have used white vinager in it but no luck. HELP...
Update: This is a whirlpool gold series dishwasher. It is only about 3 years old from what we where told. My dad helped put it in as well.