Fast Food Drive Thru windows?

At fast food restauraunts, instead of calling their drive thru windows, drive thru windows; why don't they call them, "pull around, pay, and pull up and wait for 20 minutes for someone to bring your food out to you". My point is, your supposed to get your food at the window. That is what makes the fast food restaurant that kind of restaurant. Your not supposed to pull up, let your car overheat for 20 minutes and wait for them to bring it out to you.

Favorite Answer

man, i understand.

i am 16 years old, and i got a job at hardeez on monday and quit wednesday. they work us entirely too hard, and for the person in the back makin mornin bisquits (me) , i move fast, but its the cooks and the drive thru people who are sooo slow.

its so annoyin

• Amanda

The food at those restaurants is actually made fresh. They dont have 3 double cheeseburgers just sitting there waiting to be put in a bag. They have to make them. The reason its called "fast food" is because they have tools that make the food cook faster. If you're just ordering a value meal or something, its usually ready within 3 minutes. However, if you're ordering a lot of stuff, it takes time to make it. And if they run out of, say, chicken, they have to wait until it comes out of the fryer before they can make your sandwich (which usually takes about 5 minutes depending on what kind of chicken it is). So instead of making everybody in line wait longer, they pull the car up and give the next car their coffee or whatever they ordered. If you just ordered a soda, would you like to wait 5 minutes for it so some guy could get his chicken at the window? There is a method to their madness.

They should call it "pull around, pay, and pull up and wait for 20 minutes for someone to bring your food out to you, and get your order wrong because they dont speak english."

That's rarely the case with the fast food chains, unless you order a lot of food. That kinda stuff happens more with the mom & pop type operations.

I think they should call it "try to figure out what I'm saying thru this speaker" window.

I have found that it is usually quicker to go inside. Especially since they seldom get your order correct anyway.

Your right, I usually park and go inside for the to go order. If your car is overheating then something is wrong.

well it is normally faster then an actual restaurant and they do their best it sometimes gets really busy and stuff so they cant help it

instead of leaving your car running shut it off.... sometimes it is better having to wait.... at least then you know your food is fresh......

true but if you have a big order and stall ordering then you food will be ready quicker

Source(s): my brain:-)

I've only had that happen at Culver's and Steak and Shake...