Baby or adult beardie. hmmmmmmm?

I am going to get a beardie pretty soon (thanks to those who answered my other beardie ?'s) But I can't decide between a baby or an adult. I heard that babies need more food, and can't be kept in sand and need that tank carpet stuff. Why? The babies are cheaper and easier to find though. If I get a... show more I am going to get a beardie pretty soon (thanks to those who answered my other beardie ?'s) But I can't decide between a baby or an adult. I heard that babies need more food, and can't be kept in sand and need that tank carpet stuff. Why? The babies are cheaper and easier to find though. If I get a baby, I would get it at a pet store (not petco or petsmart, a really good one near my house) and they are $170 (=0). I have had a baby before and it died and I am afraid to buy one for that much and just have it die. I also hear that the adults are easier to keep alive. I am friends with a zoo director and he will take me to a lizard auction to get a adult. Does anybody have an idea of what those costs? Any pros and cons between the two would be great. And what about the sub-adults? Please help!!!!! I want the best for me and my bearded friend!!!!!
13 answers 13