Why are most vegetarians so self-righteous and pushy?

This question was inspired by a vegetarian twit here on Yahoo who asked a question insinuating that people that love animals (such as me) cannot possibly eat meat (I do). So I have a few questions you people: 1. What exactly do you propose be done with the hundreds of millions of DOMESTICATED cows, chickens,... show more This question was inspired by a vegetarian twit here on Yahoo who asked a question insinuating that people that love animals (such as me) cannot possibly eat meat (I do).

So I have a few questions you people:

1. What exactly do you propose be done with the hundreds of millions of DOMESTICATED cows, chickens, and pigs out there? If we let them out they will destroy the natural habitat of where they have been farmed and kill native animals. Please, try and answer this question.

2. If people that love animals can't possibly be eating meat then why is it that people like Rebecca Aldworth, Tim Flannery, Jacques Costeau, and the vast majority of environmentalists eat meat?

3. If you vegetarians love animals so much then why do you have careers in other fields? Or is it that you are just casual animal people that know nothing about the actual science behind animal conservation?

4. If I am not obnoxiously pushing you to eat meat, why must you push me to be vegetarian?
Update: By the way, I was recently considering trying to eat in a more vegetarian-friendly style, because I think its healthier and, to a degree, I don't agree with the manner in which most animals are slaughtered. However, after a recent trip to Northern California where I was lambasted by the PUSHY vegetarians (I... show more By the way, I was recently considering trying to eat in a more vegetarian-friendly style, because I think its healthier and, to a degree, I don't agree with the manner in which most animals are slaughtered.

However, after a recent trip to Northern California where I was lambasted by the PUSHY vegetarians (I know there are nice ones) I've decided that I will never become a vegetarian because you people have no respect for others, which is why you have given all of your fellow vegetarians a bad name... I would hate to be lumped in with all the pushy, ****** vegeteritards.

You preachy people are so counterproductive.
Update 2: Katie G. 1. Ever heard of feral pigs taking over Hawaiian tropical rainforests? Or how about the feral pigs down in the South that grow to hundreds of pounds and are dangerous for both people and other animals? 3. I'm an environmental science major and I will be going into a conservation career as soon... show more Katie G.

1. Ever heard of feral pigs taking over Hawaiian tropical rainforests? Or how about the feral pigs down in the South that grow to hundreds of pounds and are dangerous for both people and other animals?

3. I'm an environmental science major and I will be going into a conservation career as soon as I'm out of grad school. I'm doing a hell of a lot more than you to save animals.

4. Meat eaters don't preach. I've never preached to someone else to eat me. I've been preached at countless times to stop eating meat. I get angry because people confused environmentalism with vegetarianism and PETA with the environmentalism because you vegetarians purposely perpetrate that idea onto the general public.