Is it possible to have your family tree dating back as far to 500 years ago?

I did a test and found out I had German,Italian,Poland (what is Poland?),Spain and then some parts from Africa and then they put Afrcan American oh yeah also I have Iran too (that was a real shock oddly)

Is it possible to find all my family ties from Africa,am not so sure about Iran at the moment,and Poland ect. with pictures have all my family records for myself starting 500 years ago and now?

Favorite Answer

Poland is a country in between Germany and Russia. Considering that you have some German heritage and that this does not surprise you, then having a Polish heritage as well should not be too shocking, especially considering that the Germanic tribes did not combine into a collective state until the turn of the 20th century so migration between these areas would have been excessively easy prior to the nationalistic period in Europe and the solidification of National boundaries. I don't know about the Iranian background, but nothing surprises me in this modern day of intermingling via immigration, especially in North America and some European Countries.

Now, discovering your African ties may be difficult. If you were able to do a mitochondrial dna study on yourself you should be able to figure it out rather easily, but I don't think that that is common practice, nor cheap.

You MIGHT be able to tract the German and Italian. Certain parts of Germany had many records destroyed in recent wars though. From what I hear, most of the records in Poland were destroyed in recent wars. The Iranian might be able to be tracked down. As for Africa, there wouldn't be records. Probably the best you could do there is look at facial features of some of your African ancestors and match those up with the facial features found in certain areas. The problem with this is that many of those groups are right around the Mediterranean. There has been a lot of movement in that area, so inter-marrying of groups could be the cause of much of your heritage. Your best bet right now would be to ask family about their ancestors and just start tracing back through your family tree.

It's easy to be able to trace your family tree if there are documents or something written. Oral tradition cultures are a little more difficult to trace.

I just started a genealogy on both sides of my family and have gone back about 400 years for each.

If I had $10,000 I would get a human genome test done to find out what my original ancestry was.

Family records are another thing. Many of these have not survived the years or did not exist in the first place, and any photographs will only go back to the mid-18OO s when photography was invented. Because many of the early photos were done with silver film on acid paper, they did not last.

So far I can trace back to the American colonies, England, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany and the Middle East, but no specific countries or regions there yet.

Family heritage through genealogy is fun. It lets you know something of how you came to be you.

If you want to know more, the Mormons are the best at doing genealogy and have been doing it for years for much of the world's population.

It is, of course, possible, but not probable. With all the different family lines (2 if you count your parents, 4 for grandparents, 8 for great-... well, you get the idea), I can trace one line back to 1066, 2 other lines back to early 1700's, everything else ends in the late 1800's.

It is possible. Princes William and Harry of England can trace their family trees even further back than that. Of course, their ancestors tended to make the public record more so than that rest of ours.

500 years isn't that far back. I have traced my ancestry back to the 1200's in the area that is now Germany. If you tie in at all to royalty, it's really easy to get back 100's of years....

Some families trace their linage back much further than that.

Being able to follow your ancestry back 500 years is wonderful. You should feel proud!

Remember....we're all just one mixed up race called human. Go back as far as you can...and delight in it.

Peace be with you...-Vinny.

It is very difficult and something that would require time and lots of time. I am not going to say it is impossible; I will say that it will be very difficult to do. However I wish you best of luck on this journey

depends on where they are from.

If they are from China..maybe

or any country with good records that go back that far.

Source(s): as a side note, I can trace back to about 1600's but it gets really dicey after that. The Black Death wiped out 1/2 the Europe population or more and there were few death records kept because of the staggering numbers.

asdkjlasf