Has God ever spoken to you?

In a whisper or a shout....

To encourage or rebuke....

Awakening you at night or while you're scrubbing the bathub....

How has He spoken to you?

Favorite Answer

Yes, many times.

He has spoken to me through others,

through circumstances

through His Word the Bible

through prayer.

Just over a year ago, I began to feel unsettled in my employment. I began to feel unfulfilled and had a sense that the Lord might want me to move on.

My husband and I worked together at the time, and after a few weeks of me having this unsettling feeling, I shared it with my husband one day. He said that he felt the same way, and so we decided to pray and ask God to show us the way.

One Sunday soon after whilst listening to the preaching of the Word, our Pastor spoke about knowing direction in our lives.

It was a strategic Word from the Lord, and so we held on to that.

A few months later, we were sat at a wedding reception with someone I used to do volunteering work some years before in a Christian bookshop. He asked my husband and I how our jobs were going and we shared with him that we sensed that the Lord was going to move us on, but we did not know when, where or how!

He replied "That's interesting" because there are positions going in Teen Challenge. We were already working with recovering addicts in our present job, so we had the qualifications necessary and the experience to work in a rehab. We both applied, my husband to the men's center, and I to the women's center.

Whilst waiting for the results of our interviews, the Lord gave me this verse in Psalm 37 verse 34, which says:

Put your hope in the LORD

Travel steadily along His path.

He will honour you by giving you the land.

I knew that this was a direct word from the Lord.

Although there was much to be worked out practically for us both to be successful, because we needed to work the same shifts, as at the time I did not drive and it was not possible to get there by any other means of transport.

The Lord gave us the desires of our hearts, and we have been at Teen Challenge for almost seven months now.

I feel as if all the situations I have been through in my life, past employments etc have prepared me for where I am now. I feel completely fulfilled, and I have stepped into my destiny.

Although it is very challenging, and a big step up as far as responsibility is concerned, I know that my steps have been ordered by the Lord. The Lord spoke by various means, and He led my husband and I to our destiny.

Praise Him

Yes, He has. He has whispered to me. He has shown me His grace & mercy. He has spoken to me through His word. He has confirmed things to me thru other people. He has awakened me during the night, but not to scrub the tub, thank goodness! He also sends me wonderful signs of His love and encouragement...like a song...a hummingbird..a sweet note from a friend or loved one...a beautiful butterfly..lovely flowers...a phone call...He is our creator, the one who loves us most...He wants our adoration, so He speaks to us in many different ways. :)

I have had weird experiences... one time when I was a little 7 year old I fallowed something whispering in my heart just so I could find a lot of caterpillars... and sure enough I got a whole bucket full :-P

Yes, but not with something so limited and one-dimensional as speech.

I have prayed for the answers to life's problems, then out of the blue i'll see an image in my head, similar to a memory or fantasy, however, it's not under my control. It's always unprovoked and always intense... and always the perfect answer to whatever problem i had. :)

I don't always pray for this kind of "response". With my maturity in my Christianity, the images come more and more frequent and intimately connected with me. Sometimes actions i should take, sometimes nothing more than an expression of love from God directly to me.

God spoke to me with 3 visions, followed by 3 telepathic rhythms and always helped me when I needed it. The details would take more time to write.

OMG! God just spoke to me now. *She* said mrpeachycat drinks water out of the toilet!

PS - It was a shout too.

God speaks to you in many forms everyday, and along the day. For example, God spoke to me when my three kids was born, and recently, when one of them had a terrible accident, and he is alive, when doctors told us to expect the worst.

You can feel the presence of God everyday, just learn how to feel him.

Meanly In the Bible but he also answer my prayers, he spoke in the nature, and use others to tell me thinks.

everyday. not directly, but s/he speaks when i look at the world around me i hear him in my soul telling me that everything will be ok and to be a good person. :)

i see him a lot- in my nieces, in my sister, in an old homeless woman on the street- GD is in everything, if we are quite we can hear him saying how much he believes in our goodness.

Yeah, man, I played Stryper backwards @ 78 RPM