Can you trust the Clinton's? You’ll be shocked?

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband, the former president, liquidated a blind trust valued at $5 million to $25 million in April after learning that it included such investments as oil and drug companies and military contractors, her presidential campaign confirmed. 'As a presidential candidate, Senator Clinton was required to make her assets public. As a result, she had to dissolve her blind trust,' Howard Wolfson, a senior Clinton adviser, said late Thursday. 'Upon its dissolution, she and the president chose to go above and beyond what was required of them and liquidate their assets in order to avoid even the hint of a conflict of interest.'" Would you like to hear what the investments were, ladies and gentlemen? Here we go: "several pharmaceutical companies," Big Drug, "including Abbott Labs, Amgen, Genentech, Novartis, Pfizer and Wyeth, with assets in each company ranging from $100,001 to $250,000, The New York Times reported in Friday editions. Other assets included BP Amoco," Big Oil, "Chevron Corp., " Big Oil, " Exxon Mobil Corp.," Big Oil, " Raytheon," Big Defense contracts, "and Wal-Mart Stores Inc."

So every industry and company that they demonize, they are invested in! (Or they were.) They have liquidated it, and I don't believe this notion that it was in the blind trust and therefore -- well, they had to know what they were invested in. "Blind trust" just means you don't know how it's doing, but they knew that this disclosure was coming up, and they were going to have to do this, and I don't believe for a minute that the dissolution of the investments in these companies was for any highbrow reason of openness and sunshine and all that -- it was to avoid charges of hypocrisy. I mean, here they are demonizing every one of these industries. In fact, during the health care attempt back in the early nineties, Mrs. Clinton was doing everything she could to trash these companies. I wondered back then if she was investing in pharmaceutical stocks and then selling short after driving the prices down, and I still don't know. Who knows what's been going on with any of that?

Anyway, according to these disclosure forms, their net worth is now approximately $50 million. They came to Washington with nothing. How does this happen? Clinton as president made 200 grand. Hillary as senator makes 60, 70, 80 -- I don't know. Clinton's been out there doing speeches and they've written books and so forth, but we also know they have ties with some really strange people -- like this Gupta guy -- and they have ties with Dubai. In fact, Clinton was even helping Dubai lobby for the ports deal back when it happened! So this is just typical. These people, I'm telling you: everything they tell you is going to be wrong or is going to end up being in one degree or another a falsehood if you just sit around and wait. I mean, Wal-Mart, of all companies? She was acting embarrassed a while ago that she was on the Wal-Mart board! She was having to cover for that lately: "Well, that was in Arkansas a long time ago. I had to do that. I was in business down there. Wal-Mart was a big concern. But I left that board when I discovered that some practices that company was involved in were things I didn't approve of." How are you investing in Wal-Mart stocks, then? With some of their hard-earned cash that they have earned since the Clintons left the White House in January of 2001? There's only one industry that they have not invested in -- and that's because they own it -- and that's Big Hypocrite.

Favorite Answer

Apparantly you don't know what a "blind trust" is, "blind" being the operative word, meaning they don't make any decisions about where the money is being invested or even have any knowledge of where it is invested. -- and when they found out they where the money was going they divested --

Also, they came to Washington with nothing? BS Hillary was a lawyer in private practice for years and made plenty of money and I'm sure Bill had some money --

But Trust any politician, no.

The only thing I can say is we need some one as president that is currently, not one of the richest people in these United States. Simply because, I do not believe these other guys really know or comprehend what it's like to live from pay check to paycheck and still owe money one does not have, like hospital bills....

Come on. He's an ADMITTED liar. She's so transparently disingenuine it's hilarious. I'm with the responder who's watching his wallet.

Trust the Clintons , more than i do the Bush's. At least they try to help the middle class.

Well, you must remember that Hillary "earned" about $100K in her first venture into futures trading. We always heard that she was SMART, so I guess this proves it. Smart, but unethical.

What was it the rich Hollywood guy said about them, "they are uncommonly good liars."

Yes,they found my wallet and returned it,with the money still there. just in case you are not aware of this,politicians are generally dishonest,regardless of their name or party. i do like how you back up your claims with facts though

I wouldn't leave my wallet around where either one of them could get there hands on it

Amazing, isn't it. Yet these silly little liberals buy the whole song and dance everytime.

They're ritch biotch.

Absolutely not. They are both very corrupt politicians.