why do we need to study social studies?

can you give, like, serious answers please????? it's a serious question.

Update:

I said, SERIOUS, HELPFUL ANSWERS ONLY.... please...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

So that horrific and horrible things that happened in the past, do not repeat themselves. Haven't ever heard someone say " I do not want History to repeat itself"

• 1 decade ago

The same reason as you need to study anything else. The more informed you are, the better decisions you can make.

The Social Sciences:

History: This has been said many times, I'm not going to repeat it.

Sociology: It's good to know what's going on in your own culture.

Anthropology: Much can be learned from other cultures, that we can use to our advantage and make our culture better

Economics: Money is important. Wouldn't you like to know how to have it work for you?

Government: We have to live by the laws, isn't it a good idea to know how to change them?

Psychology: We all think, isn't it important to know how?

• 1 decade ago

We study Social Studies to learn other cultures, our own culture and to hopefully learn from our societal past histories.

There is a saying that goes something like this;

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to make the same mistakes again.

• 1 decade ago

Carla, why do you say "like," as in, "can you give, like, serious answers?"

Does that mean an answer that's only, like you know, like, just kinda serious; or does it, like, mean, like, really serious.

Like do you unnerstan what I'm trying like to say here?

Social Studies is one way to get the answer to that question, for the main subject matter is "Why people are the way they are."

I've never understood the "like" thing. What's it for? What's it doing there? Can you 'splain it to me?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a quote...

"if you don't know your past, then you won't have a future"

the mistakes that people made in history, aretaught to us so that we don't make the same mistakes. Though mistakes as treating people differently because of race, religion, or culture doesn't happen as often as before in the US because it is a mixed country.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because no one likes a moron. And I guess no one here understands that Social Studies is more than history.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So that history is not repeated and that you learn from other people's mistakes.

• DeeDee
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Because those who don't learn from their past are doomed to repeat it.

• if you know more about the past the more youll know in the future

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.