EZSum asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Sumo Wrestling: survival of the fattest?

I have actually seen sumo and I did enjoy it but I was basically just making a silly joke.

Favorite Answer

Apperantly you have never seen sumo. I always enjoy it when its on ESPN2.

Regular HS and College level wrestling is more survival of the fattest than Sumo. In Sumo, someone can be outweighed by 150 pounds and win. I have seen it done. If anyone in HS or college wrestling would be able to do that, against another person who is trained, I would love to see it.

Sumo is a matter of skill, strength, and Agility. The agility part is where I differ from the first answerer. Speed (as in a 40 time) is not necessarily important, but the agility and quickness to get off the line first, to get inside positioning, and to get under your opponent, to take away their leverage, are all more important than weight.

That and the fastest.

Sumo isn't just about being fat. It's about being strong, smart, and actually takes a bit of speed.

Edit: I should have elaborated a little more on the speed part of my answer. I didn't necccarily mean SPEED speed, but more speed as in speedy reflexes.

i did no longer think of they have been thinking that, however however they did make Cookie Monster a "healthful eater." i assume the concern is self-discipline. fat santa has been around quite lots longer than the burden problems limitation. the authentic distinction is that individuals do no longer know basic procedures to tell themselves no. they could be hungry, they don't seem to be able to attend ten minutes to get domicile and eat a miraculous sandwich and an apple. they desire food NOW, in order that they bypass by the ability by. technological awareness is slowly however surely going to be the suitable of guy type.

i don't like Sumo Wrestling!!!

Source(s): RKO ROCKS!!!