Does a perforated eardrum heal?

Cause my right ear feels muffled and i think it for perforated.

Favorite Answer

If your eardrum is perforated, there is a hole in the eardrum, and you will have fluid draining out of your ear and pain.

A perforated eardrum might heal on it's own, but it might need to have a procedure where they put a patch on the hole. I would go to the doctor and have it looked at.

Meanwhile, keep your ear dry, no swimming or bathing. Put an earplug in when you shower. Good luck!

Source(s): My 13 year old son has a perforated eardrum and we are waiting to see if it will heal. The doctor says he may have to have it patched. I was ruptured in an accident a couple of months ago, and is slowly healing on it's own.

You should see a ear-nose-throat Doctor to see what's wrong.

It could be a number of things causing this, but your hearing is important.

I only know that a perforated ear drum is serious and should be looked at by a Doctor.

It heals eventually. Keep water out of it when you shower. You may already have an ear infection in which case a doctor would have to prescribe antibiotics.

no, perforated ear drum does not heal by itself