Favorite Woody Allen movie?

Why is it your favorite?

Favorite Answer

This was my question sometime back! I love Annie Hall. Diane Keaton and Woody Hall were just so funny together. Whenever I think of Annie Hall I can't help but think of the lobster scene. I also like "Sleeper." My boyfriend had never seen it and we watched it last week and laughed our heads off. Just plain funny.

• ?

I don't like Woody Allen movies.

• Steve

Easy: What's Up Tiger Lily. A Japanese spy movie dubbed into English with absurd dialog and a randomly inserted sequence of the Lovin' Spoonful playing a song (and doing the soundtrack). In my opinion among the funniest 100 minutes of film ever made.

Take the Money and Run is number two, but he was only in it, he didn't direct it.

Radio Days

• Jim T

Broadway Danny Rose. It was one of the more sympathetic roles for Allen, and I liked the way the old men talking about him framed the story.

I also liked The Purple Rose of Cairo for the (then unique) way film and reality was mixed.

I like Deconstructing Harry. The part about the hell-scene when Woody sent his dad from hell to a Chinese Restaurant (originally he wanted to send his dad to heaven, but his dad said that Jews don't believe in heaven).

Annie hall. With such searing comedy, the observations about relationships still rings true today.

And Christopher Walken driving the car is such a classic scene

I used to think Woody Allen was so funny and clever, but I really think he is a freak now that he has married his stepdaughter. I read mia farrow's book and I believe her. I just can't seperate his art from his freakiness,now.

Play It Again Sam

Take The Money And Run, just for the gun/gub scene. second is probably Annie Hall