Favorite Woody Allen movie?

Why is it your favorite?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This was my question sometime back! I love Annie Hall. Diane Keaton and Woody Hall were just so funny together. Whenever I think of Annie Hall I can't help but think of the lobster scene. I also like "Sleeper." My boyfriend had never seen it and we watched it last week and laughed our heads off. Just plain funny.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't like Woody Allen movies.

• Steve
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Easy: What's Up Tiger Lily. A Japanese spy movie dubbed into English with absurd dialog and a randomly inserted sequence of the Lovin' Spoonful playing a song (and doing the soundtrack). In my opinion among the funniest 100 minutes of film ever made.

Take the Money and Run is number two, but he was only in it, he didn't direct it.

• 1 decade ago

Radio Days

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jim T
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Broadway Danny Rose. It was one of the more sympathetic roles for Allen, and I liked the way the old men talking about him framed the story.

I also liked The Purple Rose of Cairo for the (then unique) way film and reality was mixed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like Deconstructing Harry. The part about the hell-scene when Woody sent his dad from hell to a Chinese Restaurant (originally he wanted to send his dad to heaven, but his dad said that Jews don't believe in heaven).

• 1 decade ago

Annie hall. With such searing comedy, the observations about relationships still rings true today.

And Christopher Walken driving the car is such a classic scene

• 1 decade ago

I used to think Woody Allen was so funny and clever, but I really think he is a freak now that he has married his stepdaughter. I read mia farrow's book and I believe her. I just can't seperate his art from his freakiness,now.

• 1 decade ago

Play It Again Sam

• 1 decade ago

Take The Money And Run, just for the gun/gub scene. second is probably Annie Hall

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.