Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Ocean City, MD vs. Ocean City, NJ....?

Only respond if you have been to both places.... are these beaches similiar? different? same old stuff??

Favorite Answer

Ocean City New Jersey is more family oriented its a dry town which means they don't sell alcohol. They also dont have games of chance, so if you enjoy walking the boardwalk and playing games to win prizes, sorry none of that here. Oh and you have to pay to get on the beach...

Ocean City Maryland is better suited for college students/singles... tons to do, bars, clubs......they have a fun boardwalk.... Free beach admission..

I guess it pretty much depends on what your needs tastes are?

1

Source(s): Online Professional Medical Consultation : http://onlinephysician.neatprim.com/?fYgz

Ocean City Vs Atlantic City

You should go visit Atlantic City at least one time and perhaps go to a performance at The Boardwalk Hall. It is an old building. There is a lot of history here. I went for the first time yesterday and found it was much more diverse than Ocean City, MD. All the races were almost evenly divided. I think that is interesting. But they are right about the ghettos so watch out.

I like OC, NJ better. I've been going there since I was a baby. (i'm 28 now). My aunt has a place in OC, MD and the last time I was there was about 15 years ago. I didn't really like OCMD. I live in the Philadelphia area and it took us like 3 hours to get there, the middle of August, hot as h*ll, a car with no air and leather seats. Money was tight for my parents then so my aunt was letting us stay at her place for free for a week.

From what I remember of OCMD is that there is/was only one major highway that you had to use to get where ever you wanted to go. You had to make u-turns because not all streets could go to the other side of the highway.

OCNJ is like the other poster said is a dry town (they don't sell beer or wine) but you can bring it into town with you. There are stores right over the bridge that will sell it.

I would recomend OCNJ