Internet Explorer not responding. What do we do?

My husbands computer is connected to the internet just fine but when we try to bring up yahoo or any web page it says the browser isn't working. It says to refresh the page or check internet connections. We've done this and still aren't having any luck. Please help.

Update:

i cant even get to a site to download another one....firefox or otherwise. I also tried the turn it off thing and it didn't work lol.

Update 2:

ok we have dsl weve run adaware and spybot and avg virus scan and dumped anything off. dsl is connected to my computer and his and is running fine. he can even log into yahoo messenger but not a web page of any kind. not yahoo.com or pogo.com or anything at all. does that help?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just reach up and shut off your computer and then in about a minute turn it back on and see if it corrects the error. No need to follow steps, just cut it off.

• 1 decade ago

you did not say what type of connection you have, cable, dsl, satellite or (ugh) dial-up. on any of these connections there may be problems with the server (isp), or your cache is so full that it can't write to cache, you may have other issues as far as spyware/adware involved,memory may be too low, harddrive is more than 15% full.... so many things, that can be resolved if there was just a little more info of your machine and type of connection.

• 1 decade ago

if its a browser problem then do onething.........

>>open internet explorer

>>click on tools

>>click on internet options

>>click on programs...then click on reset the web settings...

u shud be able to go online

if that doesnt work try to pull up any website through my computer address bar..................

>> go to dos prompt type................

ping www.google.com

result shud be packets sent=4..recived=4...lost=0

only then u wud be able to go online

• 1 decade ago

Check on other browser . . . e.g. Firefox

Check the hardware before software . . .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.