Does anybody know where I can get a window valance with apples on it?

I'm looking for a window topper for my newly remodeled kitchen. I would like the valance to be warm colors, with apples on it. I will buy either online, or in department stores.

I don't want anything too busy!

I already checked at Sears. They didn't have any!

Not too many apples, and I don't want all red valance. Thanks though!

Already checked walmart and target too!

Bed bath and beyond valance has tomatoes not apples! At first I thought it was apples too. Mervyns, and penneys, has those too. Too bad they are tomatoes!

Favorite Answer

Do you know someone who likes to make things? I make all my own valances out of two pieces of pine, stain or paint any color I want...You can draw the apples from a template from a crafts store and then you a jig saw and cut them out or use a raw apple and imprint right on the painted wood and then paint the apples. Making wood valances are very easy and inexpensive to make....a front piece, a top piece and two small sides. You then mount them with l brackets that cannot be seen once the valance is up. The top shelf also can be used for nice nic nacs.

There are many ways to make sewless curtains! You can staple some! Take a piece of cardboard the width of your window.Make it about 2 in. tall. Then glue with elmers,hot glue, or stapel the end of the wrong side of the material to it. Then flip the cardboard over so the material is wraped all the way around. It has a nice finish, see? Make sure to buy enough material for the length you want plus the hem and the top 2+ inches. To do the hem you can use the elmers glue or hot glue(I prefer elmers for a neater look) and turn up the edge about 1/4 - 13 in. Then hang it in the window by stapeling the cardboard to the window frame at the top. Valances are usually 18 in for a bathroom or kit window.You can also use rubberbands to gather the material on the ends on the outside of the material. Then turn the raw edged and rubberband end under. It will look like a poof sleeve. Do both endsthe same and then drape the material over nails or fancy hooks on each side of the window.You have to buy enough material for the width of the window plus enough to hand down about 18 in plus the ends that turn under. I have hung many curtains without any rods,screws, or sewing and I can sew! I just like doing different things from time to time.6-pak plastic rings aso make good curtain hangers and designs with poofs and bows made using the circles.Those are not "in" right now but some folks still like them for certain areas and for country or Victorian styles. Good luck!

buy a plain white valance, cut an apple in half (from top to bottom) dip in red paint and press ontofabric. dont overload paint onto apple. i saw this on a decorating show and it looked great.

This place has a cute one: http://www.countryporch.com/curtains/lined-valance...

I'm sure any Walmart or Target would have something. Start googling!

I just saw some at bed bath and beond

Try this website.

check.. sears