Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

What do you think about Stephen A. Smith??

- Dude made TMac so comofortable that Tmac had to say on camera "It's on me" if the rockets don't advance.

- He woke up Kobe real early Western time for his new york radio show in the east and made him say on his radio show that he wants a trade lol (actually john salley came up with the wakin kobe up early statement)

But seriously. how does he get deep into the players' mind and make em say this important controversial stuff?

Good reporting?

Oh another thing what do you guys think about Mike Tirico? I think he's a good reporter but he is an absolutely horrendous play by play commentator?

THoughts? comments? what do you guys think about the commentators covering the finals so far?

Update:

i meant good interviewing/interrogater?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • DMAN
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Stephen A. Smith is the inspiration for the actor who portrayed King Leonidas in 300. Must he scream everything?

OMG! I'M GONNA TYPE COMPLETELY IN CAPITAL LETTERS! SIMMER DOWN, STEVIE! THE GAME IS OVER! NO CHANCE AND THAT'S THE FINAL WORD! THIS IS THE NBA!

OH, AND I ENDED EVERYTHING WITH AN EXCLAMATION MARK!

But on his reporting, for some reasons, he can get athletes to say what's on their minds. And that spells a good reporter. He's the Barbara Walters of sports. Whoever he interviews don't seem to mind talking about the truth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Even with all the audio compressors and fine audio effects the studios have that dude is still loud.

He knows plenty but he talks so loud. Dayum!

There is little good reporting because there are few stories in the NBA.

1 - The West is super strong

2 - The East is super weak

3 - LeBron James is an extraordinary player

4 - Tim Duncan has the best fundamentals in the

league

5 - The Spurs are the most fundamentally sound

team in the league, end of story.

• 1 decade ago

Steven A. makes Jim Rome seem tame. Smith is so pompous and uses very little statistical info to back any of his comments. That late night talk show Steven A. had,which ran for like a week before it got cancelled, should've showed the public how little personality he had. I think sports figures don't want Steven A. to upstage them so much so they say stuff out of the ordinary to get back the attention (from the interview, etc.). ESPN likes the publicity he attracts, good or bad, to the network.

Mike Turico shouldn't be doing MNF. He should stick to basketball.

• 1 decade ago

Like any reporter, he has his favorite players, but his sources are outstanding and he is very credible.

Tirico is great as a facilitator.....making sure everyone in the booth gets mic time and - though he really doesn't dive into controversies - can add flavor to dramatic moments.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Interesting point, but thats for politics imho. Sports should be entertaining like the way Charles and Kenny Smith does it for TNT. Espn sucks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Steve A. is the TRUTH. Him and Charles is the only 2 that speak their mind

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah he's good when he favors my teams of course the Detroit Pistons and the Dallas Mavericks

• 1 decade ago

He's annoying. He's loud, and it's not needed. He also came up as a basketball only analyst, ans now, he does all sports, even though he doesn't know much.

• 1 decade ago

Hes Too Loud

And he doesn't always know what he is talking about (but that goes for all analysts)

hes ok

• 1 decade ago

I really like the guy but what happened to his TV show?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.