Changing group from "public" to 'membership required"?

How do I do this? Currently it is public, I need to make it "membership required."

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Can I restrict membership? How?

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/settings/sett...

- If your group is designed for a specific set of people (and not the general public) and you want to control membership, then you should choose to make your group restricted, which means you must approve all memberships.

Make sure to send invitations to the people who might want to join, and be prepared to approve them when they request membership.

To make your group restricted:

1) Click "Management" in the left hand navigation bar (note that this link will only appear if you are the owner of the group or a moderator with the appropriate privileges).

2) Under the "Group Settings" section in the upper right, click "Membership"

3) Click the "Edit" link next to "Membership Type & Welcome Message"

4) Choose "Restricted" next to "Membership Type"

5) Click the "Save Changes" button.

• 1 decade ago

Make your group Restricted, which means you must approve all memberships and non-members will not be able to access the group messages.

Non-members will only be able to see the home page (without group messages) and to click on the "Join the group" icon. Nothing else.

1. Click "Management" in the left hand navigation bar. The link can see seen only if you are the owner or a moderator with assigned privilege.

2. Under the "Group Settings" section in the upper right, click "Membership"

3. Click the "Edit" link next to "Membership Type & Welcome Message"

4. Choose "Restricted" next to "Membership Type"

5. Click the "Save Changes" button.

Source(s): My own personal experience.
  • 3 years ago

as a manner to get into God's heaven, you may pass via his regulations. apparently you haven't any longer have been given a clue approximately that. The previous testomony regulation became in accordance with works. They could no longer shop you yet made you conscious of the sins you have been committing so which you ought to grant sacrifices for them. while God despatched Jesus to be the ideal sacrifice, it nullified having to do"works". in case you may borrow a bible someplace, see in case you will discover Ephesians 2:8,9 that tells you that via grace are you saved; no longer via works, lest any guy could boast. Then study the total e book of Galatians, the place there have been some human beings attempting to combine the works of the regulation as area of salvation, basically as you're doing; however the author is telling the individuals to no longer hear to that fake coaching. Jesus Christ did all of it so we don't could. that's no longer proper how lots contributions a individual, church or company makes, it does not upload as much as salvation. See, your boasting is what Ephesians 2:9 became conversing approximately removing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.