Is a kodak Easyshare a good digital camera?

I had a poloroid and it messed up after 6 months and has been sent for repair. I am looking to just get a better camera. I am into photography big time and need something wonderful but not over $300. I saw a Easyshare with printer at walmart for like $290, Is it worth it for a serious photographer?

Favorite Answer

Hi - -the Easy Share camera is justwhat the name implies . .it has been dumbed down to make picture taking relatively easy. I say relatively because their software is a little bit of a challenge to use especially if you let it do everything for you - this si where most people get really tripped up. If youdownload your files thru their easyshare system you have to be very careful to direct those files to go to exactlywhere you want them to go - and you need to make sure they are labled how youwant them to be. If you let Kodak do this for you they will go to some abstract location on your C drive - worst place to store any files! - and iif you go to open them in a reptable program like photoshop or elements then good luck locating those files!

The cameras are not too bad if you take the time to learn how to shut off all of the automatics and especially learn how to manually set the white balance.

Some of their cameras work with AA batteries - excellent when your battery runs out as a trip to the local store will get you up and shooting again quickly.

You might alsolook at the canon line of cameras as well as Sony - both have some decent cameras in this price range that would be in the 6+ megapixel range with a 8 to 10X optical zoom.

If you live in the New England area you should definately check out the various photo safaris thatare happening - it's an excellent chance to try out gear for an afternoon -- and you effectively get paid to do it!!

If you'd like to talk more about this drop me a line - I'd be happy to give you a call. Videomike@juno.com .

Mike in Maine

Source(s): Experience of owning various cameras, etc.
  • Moose

I look at a lot of questions in this category and I would say I have seen far too many people asking questions about problems with Kodak Easy Share. Plus, I used to work at a photo lab and we had too many people returning them because they broke down a lot. I would stay away from them and go for some of the others that have been mentioned on here. Good luck.

Source(s): 30 years as a photog

I certainly don't like the easyshare. Don't be fooled by the name. I got one for my mom for chirstmas, but it's harder to use. For $300, you can get great camera, like a tiny Casio or Optio.. those are great. You'll want to find a rechargeable camera that takes a lot of pictures on one charge.

If your want more serious, better pictures, look for a camera with a BIG lense, and a high "optical zoom".. these cameras will work better in low light and will produce sharper pictures.

• Buzzy

Depends how serious you are. Consumer Reports likes Easyshare. Good Value. My daughter is into photography: teaches and exhibits and has spent about $7-800. for a combo 35mm/digital.

Kodaks are uncomplicated. Check out Canon, Nikon, and Olympus. They all have good digital cameras in your price range.

My son works for an electronics retail store and he warned me against the Kodaks as they seem to have a lot of returns. He recommended Canon - I did the research and got a really great camera for the same price - I'm really happy with my Canon.

Yes, Kodak Easyshare is a good digital camera. But what is the resulation? If you want a better camra, my suggetions is to by a sony W55 7.2 mega Pixcel great value, great picture quality and i want to mention you that, this camera takes memory stick pro duo. not a SD card.

Thanks.

A Kodak Easy share camera is a very good camera.You can only use it one time you take 152 pictures. When you are done with 152 pictures you will have to throw it away.It takes very good pictures and it also works well too.If you go to Walmart you will see all sorts of Kodak easy share cameras you can buy the one that costs only $20.If you want to buy it you can buy it.

The Kodak easy share isn't bad, however the fugii film is much better!!!