Why do so many people here ask for medical advice when they are really sick and should go to a Clinic nearby?

The last one I saw that was a cry for help described the scenario as though the person was on campus. Colleges have an Infirmary for them.

Not all the people who take to asking for help here are charity cases. Which raises my alarms just as much.

A college student asking is disturbing because they are near a well spring of help.

I was under the impression the person was a pleading student. Even k- 12 schools have nurses on staff.

• aarika
    Favorite Answer

your guess is as good as mine i often wonder that myself!!!

1

Source(s): Phone Medical Consultations Anytime - http://OnlinePhysician.neatprim.com/?mcSZ
  • Lynci

I ask myself the same question! One night, I swear, I read a question which (paraphrased) was somewhat like the following: "WHAT SHOULD I DO, POSSIBLE CORONARY?? I think I'm having a heart attack; I have pressure in my chest and pain radiating along my left arm and into my jaw; my pulse is about one hundred eighty and -- I took my blood pressure with my digital unit -- it's 280/130. I have a splitting headache and numbness on my right side (I'm typing with my left index finger). When my doctor examined me last week, he thought that I might be having an anxiety attack. What do you think? Should I go to the emergency room? Help, please!"

Duh! Call 911, Idiot; you're having a coronary AND a stroke!

I did not give the above answer! I just thought that!

Similar questions are asked routinely! Maybe the askers are fakes! No other conclusion makes much sense!

I think that some people simply like to hear other's experiences and get their opinions, and aren't substituting YA for the doctor, simply using it in addition to one.

It does seem that many times with today's assembly-line medical care, you have a much better chance of being helped if you have an idea of what's wrong before you go in. If you go in and say "I have pain under my ribs on the right and I feel bloated" you get brushed off, but if you go in and say "I think I have a problem with my gall bladder", then they'll check it out for you. So you go on YA and describe your problem so you can get some ideas before you go to see the doctor.

Firstly, some people don't have adequate medical coverage.

Secondly, some people are afraid of what their condition might be. I've seen many people give terrific advice to askers. I have shared my own experiences. Unfortunately some doctors don't check for things because they have 30 patients waiting or they have to get to the hospital to work there and they rush things. Some doctor's offices make people wait for weeks for an appointment. As long as people don't take the responses here as their only medical advice, what's wrong with asking for others' experience and input?

• clam

First, that is okay. a minimum of you recognize the daddy is an excellent guy and additionally you're no longer in extreme college anymore. You do sound youthful regardless of the incontrovertible fact that. whether you have been to get an ultrasound suitable now all it may instruct is that if the toddler is transforming into in many cases. If it wasn't then you definitely could miscarry. you do no longer usually locate out substantial medical subject concerns until you're very practically 20 weeks alongside. i think of that this toddler is a blessing and additionally you may incredibly think of approximately what you would be doing in case you have been to abort it. It has a heartbeat suitable now. i think of you probable ought to handle the toddler, it may merely be extra good than what you expected. according to hazard you and your boyfriend could make different preparations to be closer. it is not merely your fault it is your b/f's fault too, do no longer blame in undemanding terms you. it fairly is merely as lots his toddler as yours. you could continually cancel your appt, yet once you fairly sense it fairly is your in undemanding terms determination then it is your determination. have you ever talked on your mom and dad approximately it? according to hazard they could help you. it may merely be undesirable to continually be apologetic approximately your decision. yet, according to hazard you will no longer. yet to me apparently such as you're already having doubts. in case you had this toddler, specific it may be difficult yet you're pregnant suitable now for a reason and that could be a blessing and spectacular. in case you have any doubts then i do no longer think of that's the final decision for you. via the way, in order that which you recognize i'm professional-determination so which you do no longer think of i could say this to all of us.

Many people live in rural areas where there are no clinics, and cannot afford a local doctor visit, or a drive to a larger city. Thus, if we are ailing, maybe we could find some easy help by asking about our symptoms.

Because sometimes they aren't even sure if it is worth a trip to the Doctor. It costs money to go & it can get quite expensive.

I am an adult with 3 children & sometimes I STILL don't know what to do, with certain symptoms my children may be having at the time.

I make good decisions, but I still doubt myself a lot.

alot of people do not have the money to go to a clinic and/or want a alternative to the modern mess of medicine and doctors...I know of several who has lost faith in the doctor and several who get no relief and several that the doctor just doesnt seem to care...take your choice. This is why I started studing natural medicines and herbs 30 years ago...and with all the man made drugs that list the endless number of side effects...I am glad I did.

Probably to save $$$. Also, someone might have the same problem that could save you a trip to the dr! Who likes the long waite and exams at the dr?!!

Because people know the medical community is full of lies and they don't want pills and have their wallet soaked. People instinctively ask for alternatives. At least the informed ones do.