Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

Perforated Bowel?

I read the article about the L.A woman that wasn't treated at the hospital, and died on the floor. They later stated she died from perforated bowel. What is that?

Favorite Answer

A perforated bowel is a medical emergency in which a hole in the bowel opens to allow its contents to empty into the rest of the abdominal cavity. The result is frequently sepsis or blood infection, which if not treated can cause almost immediate death. A perforated bowel can occur as the result of traumatic injury, Crohn’s Disease, or diverticulitis.

Her colon was torn. I don't know the details of how it happened but the bowels, intestines and colon are all very sensitive organs in your body.

I think it was a damn shame that incident occurred. The Healthcare System has really gone astray from the days when officials actually cared for their patients. I am glad it came to light though. I heard that particular hospital was under investigation anyway for their shoddy practices. They should be ashamed and shut down...

There is a tear in the colon. The woman either died from bleeding out, or from septicemia (because all the large amount of natural flaura 'bacteria' in that area which does not belong in ANY other area of the body.

It's when a hole develops in your lower intestine (colon) and fecal material leaks out. It can quickly cause a massive infection.