Best clothing for black and white photo shoot?

My photog-friend is is going to be shooting color and B&W photos of my family at a local park this summer. What would be the best colors for us to wear? I'm not a big white-clothing fan mainly because it tends to make people of average weight look huge. He says that often, black won't show any detail or definition in B&W format. What would be your advice on colors, prints and patterns when shooting in B&W? Thanks!

1

Source(s): Make Better Pictures http://teres.info/ProPhotographyCourse
  • read

Best Colors For Photo Shoot

Check here a good photography course online:

http://photography-course.info

You can be like the masses of humanity and buy a camera you can afford that has auto this and that for worry free picture taking. And learn through trial and error how to use something like aperture or shutter priority auto modes or even attempt to use the thing on full manual mode.

You seem to know already there is some thinking to using a camera and to take pictures. A good place to start is by reading the owners manual that comes with a camera. Read the information and look at the illustrations with part names and look at the real camera. Handle the camera and take pictures. Let me rephrase that. Take pictures to learn how to use the camera and maybe even to keep some. Don't start with important stuff you cannot photograph over again such as birthdays, a toddlers first steps. That puts picture taking out of the learning phase and puts the pressure and emphasis to taking pictures for real and to keep.

These first pictures are for you to learn how to use your camera. And you have learned how to use your camera when you can take pictures with it and can teach others how to use it. Honest. You can also go to a college in your area and take a beginning photography course. There you will be taught the basics even a pro must learn and do in their work. Camera handling and use, taking exposures with film and/or digital cameras, and maybe even some photo assignments to get some real time learning. In this learning do not take serious pictures you must keep as that detracts from the learning aspect of the class. Do so only if you have mastered the use of your camera before class is over.

It's like growing up in a way. And I am happy you know there is a way to learn how to use a camera and take pictures. It's like learning how to drive I suppose. Someone can teach you or you can get taught at a driving school. Both will get you a drivers liscense. One though will really teach you the fundamentals you can use for the rest of your driving career.

From photography and DSLR camera basics right through to advanced techniques used by the professionals, this course will quickly and easily get your photography skills focused! Go here https://tr.im/OnlinePhotographyClasses

By the end of this course you will have developed an instinctive skill-for-life that will enable you to capture truly stunning photos that not only amaze your friends and family... but could also open the doors to a brand new career.

I would stick with something really simple, no extravagant pattern, solid color shirts, or polo's would look nice. Even if your shirt is white, it won't necessarily show up as white in a B&W photo, it could show up as a gray, so it doesn't really have the same effect as making you look overweight like it does in normal photos! Good luck!

I would definitely stay away from white - on top & bottom. Jeans are good, textured fabrics are good (like corduroy). Jeans are always fine. Go with things that are going to look interesting in black & white, but are still physically flattering. Solid colors usually work fine, just remember everything will be shades of gray & some details will be less obvious in black & white.

2

Source(s): Digital Photography Tutorials http://LearnPhotography.latis.info/?q533

I read many books about photography and learned a lot. The best training material I used though is a video course. I am sure it will help you too. This is the link of the site: http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=557

I hope it helps

If you all were to wear an unnatural color, like purple, it can easily be changed in photoshop. You can select that color and bring up/down intensities based on that. Maybe that would be the best if you don't know.

I would choose something solid to wear, or simple pattern like a couple of stripes. I think smaller patterns or complex color portions could lose their impact.

Wear any clothing! The color isn't important, But I would stick with simple patterns or solids so that you photograph well! Small dots are bad...

Dark jeans photograph black, so choose lighter blue ones if that is what you are wearing!