Unique baby shower gift?

I'm looking for a unique baby shower gift for a girlfriend of mine. She & her husband are due to have baby #2 (a boy..they have a 3 year old girl) and some friends are throwing her a small shower. She doesn't know about it, and hasn't registered anywhere. She has all the basics from when her daughter was a baby. I don't want to get clothes because that's what everyone else is probably going to get. I already got her a sling (she likes mine that I still use with my 1 year old). Any ideas?

Thanks for the suggestions, but please don't reply with gift cards and diapers...they don't need the help like that. I'm specifically looking for something unique, special and definitely for the baby. My friend doesn't need anything:)

Favorite Answer

gift certificate to get family photos done :)

Here are a few:

If there is a gymboree class or something of the sort in you area, sign up for the family class for both of you (ask her first, so it knid of defeates the purpose of a gift, but a good bonus). She can take both little ones, and give her a chance to get out of the house, and even soend time with friends.

I like the others answers with the foot print kit, but that has been done. Try a family stepping stone kit. Mommy, Daddy, big sis, and baby all get their own stone for foot prints, then they can either display them in the house somewhere, or put the outside.

Offer to keep big sis (if you can) for a couple days so mommy can bond with the new baby, and big sis gets a little extra attention.

If she is an active mother, who will be bottle feeding, get her the new hands free bottle. It is called the pacifeeder, and is hands free, and prevents air from getting into babies tummy.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'll keep thinking. I love that you are trying to do something unique. I get so tried of diapers, cloths, etc (even though they aree wonderful, after opening the 5th pack, it gets old.) Tell her congrats

Edit: I found this last inight, and I thi nk it is pretty cool. See rocker link below

Well I don't know how unique these will be, but I'll try my best. A couple of ideas that came to mind was a baby brush and comb set, a old Victorian style once. Although, that does kind of go more for the parents then the baby.

Another idea would be a baby cuddle blanket that has a teddy bear attached. The one I found is soft and cute, plus the baby would not only love the blanket (they all do), but also like to play with the bear attached.

I hope that helps, about the best I could think of.

The best gift I got was a gift card.

If she's breastfeeding, LilyPadz Nursing Pads:

http://www.shop.lovingbaby.ca//index.php?item=16&c...

Foot print kit:

http://www.gotobaby.com/proddetail.cfm/CategoryID/...

You could get a necklace with baby's name on it or a blank necklace and a certificate for engraving the birthday and name after the baby is born.

A memories box for the baby hospital bracelet, etc.

The small, simple gifts are better than trying to out do everyone else. I know I appreciated the more thoughtful gifts rather than the "Look at how unique it is!" Gifts.

Every year Oppenheim selects award winning toys for each age group. Check out the platinum award winning infant toys (see link below). My personal favorite is the ActiviTot Developmental Gym by Tiny Love. This is a great way to foster and encourage baby's development from birth to 3 months. I'm sure it would get lots of use!

A baby shower is an occasion to celebrate the birth of your friend's baby,You can give gifts included A rubber duck with a thermometer, towels, soap, lotion, wash cloths, and a brush are all useful items.

For my baby shower my mom had made me a diaper cake.....you take a pack of diapers and stack them around a inner tube(which can be bought at any store) and you place the diapers around them and tie them up with ribbons....also you can tie in rattles, binkys, washclothes, towels, hats, shoes, etc........not only are they cute but its a very unique gift.....out of all the gifts I got that was the most unique one and i really enjoyed it!!!

Heres a website that give you a few pics.....its easy to make and its a lot cheaper then trying to buy one!!! Good luck!!!

http://www.bloomersdiapercakes.com/

Huggies supremes are the best damn diapers ever for boys. Onsies. A bouncie chair is useful.

I dont know, even with my son iam a minimalist. Those little links for holding toys are the cheapest most useful things ever.

Honestly the things I lvoed the most from my shower were the gift cards to target.

Make a little book for everyone at the shower to pass around a write their best advice for the new mom. Some will help and some will be fun too giggle about. It will show the new Mommy how much everyone cares for her.

Get her a Boppy! www.boppy.com It was my favorite, most unique, and most used since baby shower gift!!! You can use them to help in feedings both breast and bottle, use for tummy time AND use to help baby to learn to sit up when they get older. I have used it for so many other things as well! Check it out. She will probably thank you like you wouldn't believe after she gets some use!

when my best friend had her son i bought her a toy tub and filled it with all the essentials like diapers ,wipes, towels, onesies all the stuff you really need but dont usually get. someone did that for me for my son and it is so great for the parent to just have that stuff and not have to spend the money after the baby is born.

also a gift card for the supermarket is a great idea.

Source(s): 11 yr old and 1 on the way