Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
What movie features the song "Teenage Wasteland" in it?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Yeah it's called Baba O'Riley by The Who.
* Trailers for American Beauty.
* Trailers for A Bug's Life.
* Appears in trailers and at the end of The Girl Next Door
* Is featured in the 1997 film Fever Pitch.
* An orchestral version is featured at the start of the movie Slackers, performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra
* Appears in Zero Skateboard's 1998 video Misled Youth in Jamie Thomas' part.
* Trailer for the film Invincible.
* At the start of Luciano Ligabue's 2001 movie Da zero a dieci.
* The introduction of the song is featured at the beginning of the movie Almost Famous
* Plays in the Spike Lee movie Summer of Sam with Adrien Brody's character performing the song in his garage with glimpses of the Son of Sam killer murdering each of his victims.
* Appears in the movie Prefontaine starring Jared Leto
TV series and commercials
* Pre-credit sequence in the Miami Vice episode "Out Where the Buses Don't Run".
* Promo commercial for TNT's new series Saved (June 2006).
* An edited version appears as the theme song in CSI: New York.
* In the 2005 episode "Control" of House, House plays air piano and air drums to the song. The song also appears on the official soundtrack for the show.
* Pilot episode of What About Brian (April 2006).
* Used as the soundtrack for HP ad "Constant Change" directed by David Fincher.
* Appears in a Nissan commercial promoting the 2000 Pathfinder.
* In the episode "Kiss" of Dawson's Creek, Jen Lindley (Michelle Williams) is dancing to it.
* Featured in King Of The Hill's episode "Tankin' It To The Streets". In the same episode Bill says how he used to have "hair like Roger Daltrey".
* Appears prominently in the first episode of Life on Mars.
* Sung on Rock Star: INXS by Jordis Unga (during week 1 and also appears on the CD), as well as on Rockstar: Supernova by Dana Andrews (during week 5) and Ryan Star (during week 9).
* Networking company Cisco Systems uses it for one of their Fall 2006 commercials.
* Appears in the Hyperlite wakeskate video for Shawn Murray wakeboard montage.
* Edited version with instrumentals is used in the fourth of four episodes of the miniseries "the Drug Years" on VH1
* Featured as the promotional song for the 2006 film Invincible.
* It was mentioned in the short-lived series Freaks and Geeks, wherein Lindsay is corrected by Ken for calling the song "Teenage Wasteland."
* That 70's Show was originally to be entitled "Teenage Wasteland", after the song.
* Featured at the end of the One Tree Hill episode "Pictures of You".
* Featured at the opening of American Idol season 6.
* Is the theme of the 2007 IRL Indycar series.
* Featured in the season finale of the second season of My Name Is Earl.Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_o_riley
- Bob McLv 61 decade ago
Never heard of that song. Read the other responses, I think the song you mean is The Who's Baba O'Riley, which has been used numerous times.
- GepettoLv 51 decade ago
You mean Baba O'Riley, it was in The Girl Next Door also Slacker & i'm sure there's others
(the song is called Baba O'Riley by The Who)
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Summer of Sam