which cold air intake is better for Scion tC, one's offered by TRD or Inzen??

This question is about a car named Scion tC.

Favorite Answer

overall, the injien will give you about a 2 extra hp gain over the TRD. the TRD intake is build for TRD by AEM, with just TRD stickers. So you could save about $180 and just by an AEM. (your paying for the TRD name). the only problem you will face with the injien is that it uses 3 inch tubing rather tha 2.5 inch. This makes a major difference when installing it. To install the injien, you have to remove the front bumper and headlights. to Install the AEM, you have JUST enough room where you dont need to do this. Also alot of tC's throw codes and check engine lights when running the injien. So for only loosing about 2hp, i'd go with the ease of installing the AEM. good luck and email me if you have any questions.

Source(s): i love tCs...i race one for time attack and one for my "daily" driver.

I commend you for your enthusiasm for performance motor sports. Having said that though, adding a cold air intake to your tC really isn't going to do you a bit of good. I'd be willing to bet that your HP will increase by maybe 1-5HP...if at all. Depending on who makes the intake and whether it was engineered professionally or just designed to look cool the intake may actually decrease your car's performance. You should do some research. If you're interested in creating a powerful car than you're probably going to have to turbocharge your tC. I may be wrong, but I think the tC was manufactured so that it could be tuned and you could safely add a turbo without the engine exploding on you. Look into it. Oh, the turbo would definitely decrease your MPG.

i got experience in this field. i have a 2007 scion tc bought a cheep carbon fiber looking intake off eBay and it messed with the engine sensors. then switched to trd. much better still restrictive though. but then i bought a f5 fugita special edition (high temp coated) performance intake and wow. the largest difference in tone, air temp and whp of them all. go f5 air all the way.

the TRD intake is a low hp rating increase, but it comes with the toyota quality/name...injen will probobly get you more power...but for intakes, you are looking at 3 or 4hp gains...so the difference between an injen with 4hp and trd with 3hp gains, it will mainly depend on cost and quality

Injen for performance...I bought the Umnitza short ram intake for looks (i like carbon fiber hehe :) )

its Injen......get the Injen.