What does the song "Stairway To Heaven" mean?

I just wan to know what some of you think the words to the song mean. We all have outr own interpretation of it.

Favorite Answer

This is rumored to contain backward satanic messages, as if Led Zeppelin sold their souls to the devil in exchange for "Stairway To Heaven." Supporting this theory is the fact that Jimmy Page bought Aleister Crowley's house in Scotland, which had become a well known Satanic church and was known as "The Toolhouse." In his books, Crowley advocated that his followers learn to read and speak backwards.

Robert Plant addressed the issue in an interview with Musician magazine: "'Stairway To Heaven' was written with every best intention, and as far as reversing tapes and putting messages on the end, that's not my idea of making music. It's really sad. the first time I heard it was early in the morning when I was living at home, and I heard it on a news program. I was absolutely drained all day. I walked around, and I couldn't actually believe, I couldn't take people seriously who could come up with sketches like that. There are a lot of people who are making money there, and if that's the way they need to do it, then do it without my lyrics. I cherish them far too much

If you play the part where it says "...bustle in my hedgerow..." all around that part backwards it says ....

"Oh here's to my sweet Satan.

The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan.

He will give those with him 666.

There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan." I've done it and it's actually pretty clear. The song still rocks though even if it is about satan. Also, when Plant sings "there's still time to change the road your on" he's talking about changing away from the stairway to heaven. The whole song is basically about how the stairway to heaven is not what they want. The band has been into the occult and satan worship for almost their entire career. But... i love 'em anyway!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): song quot stairway heaven quot mean: https://shortly.im/ZGoAf

It's about people in the Renaissance who would pay money to the church, indulgences, to help their loved ones who had passed-away get into Heaven. If not that, it's a basic moral story about greed.

on your way to heaven theres a stairway to heaven you must travel. well that's what Ive been told

I know thats it's about a woman getting everything she wanted without out consideration. I wont go into further detail though, I'm bad at poetry .

I say ask Robert Plant.

• It doesn't mean anything. The band members kept adding random lyrics together and thought they sounded cool. Threw in some music and wah lah..Masterpiece!!