the confederate flag?

why should anybody not fly their flag? not all southerners were racist. ignorami have confused the flag with white supremacist groups. the swastika used to be a cross, wasn't hitler catholic? why was he never excommunicated? the swastika has come to represent the holocaust era. the christmas tree has cometo represent christmas but it is pagan in origin. how come that doesn't matter? why are people so clueless? do your own research, folks

Favorite Answer

The Confederate Battle flag is just as much an American flag as the Stars and Stripes. There are many of us out here who proudly stand under the battle flag in gray uniform along with others in blue who stand with Old Glory trying to keep alive the memory of a terrible war.

We do not do so to glorify war but to keep alive the memory of this part of our history. Those who forget their history are DOOMED to repeat it.

The American Civil War, War for Southern Independence, or "The Recent Unpleasantness" whatever one chooses to call it must never be allowed to be repeated for it literally was a war of father against son and brother against brother.

I agree that the battle flag or as you call it the Confederate flag has been tarnished by ignorance... It could be cleaned up by education but I fear it may never happen because the history books have been re-written to show that the Civil War was fought to free the slaves NOT to preserve the Union.

Facts show that if Mr. Lincoln had asked for soldiers to free the slaves few would have showed up but to PRESERVE the Union... Now that's another matter...

End of rant...

• drew

I'm white, a Southerner, and I don't fly the Confederate flag anymore because the flag represents a country that never was officially recognized, and does not exist. My ancestors were from England, but I don't fly the British flag.

"the swastika used to be a cross" ummm... no... do your research, please...

"the christmas tree has come to represent christmas but it is pagan in origin" how many people were murdered in the name of the christmas tree... ?

If you lost most your family in WWII (as I did, most of them were either shot by people with swastika armabands or died fighting them) maybe you would have a bit different reaction to seeing your neighbor flying a swastika flag on his front lawn...

as for the confederate flag... ? I do not know... maybe you can tell me...

Source(s): member of the great unwashed ignorami

Most everything you said you had a valid point, except flags like confederate or the U.S. flag are symbols and people put their hands across their heart, stare at them in worship and idolize them. How does God feel about idols and symbols?

I owe nothing to mankind, nothing, but everything goes to Jehovah. He gave me life and only he can give it back should I die tomorrow.

Isn't it a shame that Hitler was never excommunicated. The Catholics will never admit to this because again, another dirty stain on their already tarnished false religion. Great points.

Hitler was a Jewish person.

The Fact that good Old Abe had to fight you guys to keep our country together is reason enough to not fly the flag. Every time you fly the flag, he must be rolling in his grave. The flag represents division. not Unity. It is the United states of America

It upsets me when people dont know the history of the confederate flag... its not a sign of racism... it was a battle standard as was the original colonial flag that had the 13 stars in a circle and the13 red and white stripes...

I don't understand how A flag can be offensive, first the stars and strips now the confederate flag it's a part of our history. it is the flag of the side that lost the war. so if they the civil war was not just about slavery, please! If you don't like the flag then don't look at it.

Because its a sign that people flew when they wanted to keep slavery from being abolished!