Are you war supporters proud of these nice outstanding Republicans sending our men to war?
* Dick Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.
* Dennis Hastert: did not serve.
* Tom Delay: did not serve.
* Roy Blunt: did not serve.
* Bill Frist: did not serve.
* Mitch McConnell: did not serve.
* Rick Santorum: did not serve.
* Trent Lott: did not serve.
* John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.
* Jeb Bush: did not serve.
* Karl Rove: did not serve.
* Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee." The man who attacked> Max
* Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.
* Vin Weber: did not serve.
* Richard Perle: did not serve.
* Douglas Feith: did not serve.
* Eliot Abrams: did not serve.
* Richard Shelby: did not serve.
* Jon! Kyl: did not serve.
* Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
* Christopher Cox: did not serve.
* Newt Gingrich: did not serve.
* Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as flight instructor.
* George W. Bush: failed to complete his six-year National Guard; got
assigned to Alabama so he could campaign for family friend running for U.S. Senate; failed to show up for required medical exam, disappeared from duty.
* Ronald Reagan: due to poor eyesight, served in a non-combat role making movies.
* B-1 Bob Dornan: Consciously enlisted after fighting was over in Korea.
* Phil Gramm: did not serve.
* Dana Rohrabacher: did not serve.
* John M. McHugh: did not serve.
* JC Watts: did not serve.
* Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem," although continued in NFL
for 8 years.
* Dan Quayle: Journalism unit of the Indiana National Guard.
* Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.
* George Pataki: did not serve.
* Spencer Abraham: did not serve.
* John Engler: did not serve.
* Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer.
* Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base.
Pundits & Preachers
* Sean Hannity: did not serve.
* Rush Limbaugh: did not serve (4-F with an 'anal cyst.')
* Bill O'Reilly: did not serve.
* Michael Savage: did not serve.
* George Will: did not serve.
* Chris Matthews: did not serve.
* Paul Gigot: did not serve.
* Bill Bennett: did not serve.
* Pat Buchanan: did not serve.
* John Wayne: did not serve.
* Bill Kristol: did not serve.
* Kenneth Starr: did not serve.
* Antonin Scalia: did not serve.
* Clarence Thomas: did not serve.
* Ralph Reed: did not serve.
* Michael Medved: did not serve.
* Charlie Daniels: did not serve.
10 hours ago - Report Abuse
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I SERVED....not serving does not mean your'e not partiotic.besides, most of those people you mentioned are college/university educated, serving our country very well in other areas....P.S: clinton didn't serve i served cuase i didnt have money for college, became a medic and contributed to the security of this country. thats why its called THE MILITARY...you take your chances and make the best of it. and i'd do it again:you shuold join, or at least get a degree;but please, don't whine about it , all the while your'e tucked in bed with the security many have provided to you and your family...oh,by the way, i know you hate this, but Bush senior served gallantly in w.w.2....
- Jacob WLv 71 decade ago
Both republican and democrats sent our men and women to war. Using your methodology, would one conclude that no one in congress should vote on health care issues unless they have been in the health care field? No member of congress should vote on Global Warming legislation unless they have served as climatologists? No member of congress should vote on agricultural issues unless they have served as farmers?
The larger question is how can Hillary, Obama or Edwards be Commander-in-Chief without serving. How could Bill Clinton be Commander-in-Chief without serving.
It is obviously a silly point you are making. The only people who sent our military to war was the president and congress. It is their job to make these decisions. Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Rush Limbaugh did not send anybody anywhere. I support the decision that was made by both republicans and democrats alike.
Once the decision has been made and blood drawn, the only option is victory. I only wish the democrats had the fortitude to support out military's efforts with all possible means of support. The only force that can ever defeat our military is the negativity of our own democratic party that is putting political considerations ahead of the quest for victory.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Maxx Powers served but I do not think it is a requirement that you have served to believe in the security of your own country.
When I was in the Marines I recall it being an all volunteer service. Many of the people you mentioned were too young for the draft.
One more quick question; since when do Supreme Court Justices send men to war.
- 1 decade ago
You fail to realize that some "war supporters" were actually in uniform. It doesn't matter who served and for what they did during their time, when you're a soldier, sailor, marine, or airmen, you don't have a choice and have the opportunity to have a thought on this, you do what you're told. Obviously the majority of people in the Congress and Executive branches did not serve, but regardless, they were elected into office by your fellow citizens, so apparently they're doing something right.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- oda315Lv 41 decade ago
A soldier does not get to decide when he goes to war. While I generally agree that some of the most obscene pundits and visceral politicians you listed have no business telling soldiers and sailors their business as though they actually know what it might be, it is not a reasonable connection to make that a military person should be blamed for the orders he/she must follow.
Your argument will lend itself to visceral rebuttals from my more conservative neighbors who will tell you that plenty of our more liberal colleagues, who voted for our current action, did not serve either. Take for example, the deplorable comments made by Joey. It is disgusting that ideology should hold honorable service hostage.
While I confess that it troubles me at times that some of the leaders for whom I worked did not serve, I must also be broad minded enough to recall that the war in which they would have most likely served was Vietnam and that was hardly a popular war for young people of their day.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I could care less if my elected Representative has served. Unlike the current Democrats in Washington, the only thing that maters to me is if the support national security and don't tax me to death supporting their social agenda...Source(s): Vet
- ElizabethLv 41 decade ago
Glad somebody's sending them to war and getting this war resolved. How can you expect to fight a war without troops. THINK!!! Did you serve? Have you done anything to help anyone else lately? Are you Mr.Generous Joe? Didn't think so. Perhaps you should serve before you can criticize them for being sorry cowards, just like somebody here. Wink*wink*
- CombatcopLv 51 decade ago
Neither did Bill or Hillary Clinton or several thousand other democrats.
Beyond the point. If the Democrats packed the mustard in their sandwich, they could stop the war. Wait, they do control the senate and house. Wow, they haven't stopped it yet.
When will people learn that POLITICIANS start and finish wars. If the Dem's win in '08, we will still send our boys off to war. Always have, always will.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
yes - even though these people have very little military service in themselves personally they did the correct thing in defending america on someone elses real estate.
have you got a roll showing what the democrats in the opposite positions have to thier name?
what does this show anyway? that a bunch of people with little to no military service did the right thing? or did they do the wrong thing? should we be any less proud of us service men and women becasue of our leaders? (maybe they should laugh at us for having these people? and once again what were the alternatives?)
I do apologise for not being american and answering this question(and I regret in some ways that I am not..) but I do feel strongly in agreement with the current regime.
- John LLv 51 decade ago
And yet they've still done more for the military than any democrats have ever done.