Microsoft access question?

I'm trying to open an assignment. But like a mssg displays that says microsoft access cannot open this file...its outside intranet or untrusted site. to open copy it to your machine or an accessible network connection. I've already saved the file to my computer, but it won't open the mssg above displays. Is there a way for me to open it? i think i'm using 2002 but I might need 2003. Is that y?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Intranet site is identified as an Internet site when you use an FQDN or an IP address

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303650

SYMPTOMS

This behavior can cause Internet Explorer to prompt you for credentials when you access the intranet Web sites that require authentication. Or you may be prompted or prevented from opening files on an intranet Web site or Universal Naming Convention (UNC) share in programs that use the Internet Explorer Security Manager to determine whether a file is located in a trusted security zone. For example, you may receive the following error message when you try to open a Microsoft Access database (.mdb) file on a local intranet share (by using the FQDN or IP address) with Microsoft Access 2002:

Microsoft Access cannot open this file.

This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems.

To open the file, copy it to your computer or an accessible network location.

===================

I cant open the ms access while try to click on it.

The prompt message always show, wrote :

The file is located outside your intranet or an untrusted site.

http://www.dbforums.com/printthread.php?t=1055036

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

idefinitely wouldnt say that is why. maybe you save it as a format that you dont have and thats y yu cant open it.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.