What are the better brands of bedroom furniture?

I'd like a few opinions here.

Can you tell me the top 3 or 4 brands of bedroom furniture?

If price was no object, who makes the best?

With real-world considerations for who's gonna pay for this stuff, who makes the best quality/value furniture?

I am interested in names like Ethan Allen, Stickley, Hooker, and so on. Do these three belong together???

• Buzzy
    Best Answer

Stickley would be the best.

Hooker used to be good, but now they have succumbed and produce in China, as does Ethan Allen.

There are very few true American manufacturers left. A good one is Bentwood Furniture in Grants Pass , Oregon. No particle board veneers. It all depends on your style preferences too. Check them out, www.bentwoodfurn.com They would be close in style to Stickley but MUCH less expensive.

Source(s): Retired Furniture representative

No matter who makes it, always check out the drawer slides. Ask them to take one out completely and then put it back in.

My husband paid a lot of money for Henredon and Thomasville furniture for our bedrooms (before I met him), and they ended up being crap once the drawers had to be pulled out. The slides came apart and the bearings went all over the place. He ended up having to buy new slides and install them himself, basically modify the expensive furniture!

A furniture guy told us that they don't make them like they used to. Most of it is now actually made in China, even the USA heritage brands!

So you're paying a premium price for something that's only slightly better than the stuff at the discount warehouse places.

Top quality (price no option) is all bespoke, the kind of resources that designers have; these pieces are made by hand, usually of solid hard woods, custom to order, with multicoats of lacquer etc, these are generally rep'd by showrooms, Non custom (available to anyone); some good lines are Baker, McGuire, Century, Armani Casa (and most of the Italian Imports), Kreiss (most of it)

middle tier: Henredon, Ethan Allen, stickley (that is not original), Drexel Heritage

For over all cutting edge design and affordability, you cannot beat Ikea--it just will not last all that long

There are alot out there & my brain is not fully in gear, sorry

The reason designers have so much custom made is because ready made furniture tends overall to be poor quality.

Source(s): Interior Designer

Better Bedroom Furniture at

http://amzn.to/1Id8cpQ

.

When i leve in US i find a company for furnitures. The company is Furniture Warehouse. I stayed very pleased with them.

Genuine original Stickley and Hooker furniture are very expensive, as they are collector's items.

Your best bet for quality (non-antiques) are Ethan Allen and Drexel-Heritage.

For quality/best value, you may want to consider Homelegance.

http://www.homelement.com/index.php?main_page=manu...

Good luck!

That's not right

I like IKEA. It's not very expensive, but it is very stylish. If there is an IKEA store around where you live you should go there. If not go to www.ikea.com

Source(s): I'm pretty sure that ikea.com is real

Thanks to each and every one of you for the replies!