Team suggestions?

This team isn't in last place, but is near he cellar of my Yahoo H2H league. It's 12 teams with the typical categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP. What can I try to do to get my team back in contention?

C Jorge Posada

1B Jeff Kent

2B Placido Polanco

3B Alex Rodriguez

SS Miguel Tejada

OF Juan Pierre

OF JD Drew

OF Xavier Nady

Util Carlos Delgado

SP Orlando Hernandez

SP Mark Buehrle

SP Jose Contreras

SP Joe Blanton

SP Jeremy Bonderman

SP Jeff Suppan

SP Roger Clemens

RP Chad Cordero

RP Kevin Gregg

BN Rafael Furcal

BN Chad Tracy

BN Scott Podsednik (DL)

DL Chris Carpenter

• Greg
    Favorite Answer

You're not looking too bad. I think you need a bt more in terms of SB- Pierre does have 20 SB, but you don't have anyone else you can really count on. I know you might think it's a bit premature, but I think you should drop JD Drew. I know, he may have a big upswing later, but if you need help, he's just holding you down. Look for a Kenny Lofton/Willy Taveres type to pick up for him (or whoever is hot and available- depends who's in your league). You can drop this guy when Podsednik gets healthy, but time for you to catch up is slipping away.

Your starting pitching seems pretty good- these guys form a deep group, and have been pitching pretty well lately. You might want to watch for Contreras to drop off soon, though.

It would be a good idea for you to trade away someone like Suppan, Clemens (to a Yanks fan), or Contreras for a good closer. If Accardo, Alfonseca, or even Hennessey are available, I'd pick one up, at the expense of either Drew, Tracy (will he get playing time??) or maybe Suppan.

IF: 8

OF:10

Util:10

SP: 8

RP: 9

Overall: 8.5/10

IF: Jeff Kent is not like he has been. You need to get a new 1B or package Chad Tracy and Jeff Kent for another 1B.

OF: You have a solid OF. You cover all categories with speed, RBI, R, and Avg. You may be lacking with Power.

Util: Great Util. Carlos Delgado will help your team a lot.

SP: See if Shaun Marcum or Guthrie is in the FA. If so, grab him. You need to work on your pitching. Try and trade Clemens and Suppan for Verlander. What pitchers are on the waiver wire?

RP: If Jeremy Accardo is in the FA, grab him. If not, your fine.

that team is horrible . the first response didnt know whta he was talking about. your OF is terrible. jeff kent is a servicable 2b, not 1b. id put delgado to 1b, kent to 2b, get placido out of there, and find someone else to play util. im assuming you picked carpenter, furcal, adn tejada 2, 3, and 4 in some order. why two SS? you should have used one of those picks on an OF and youd be doing a lot better.