Ruth Chris Steakhouse Vs. Perry's Steakhouse and Grille?

I live in Houston, Texas and I'm planning on taking my husband for Father's Day either to Ruth Chris Steakhouse or Perry's Steakhouse and Grille. Which one is the best? Any suggestion?

Favorite Answer

Ruth's Chris, easily. I've only been to Perry's once, but Ruth's Chris blew it away. The ambiance is one of "good ol' boy Texas oil boom" at Ruth's Chris. The steaks sizzle in butter, and the side dishes are almost sinful. You've got to try it.

Ruth Chris Houston

Of the 2 choices, I like Ruth's Chris. I like Brenners better than Ruth's Chris or Perry's. It is on the Katy Freeway near Beltway 8. It is now run by Pappas. It still has some of the original Brenners family recipes. They had run the restaurant since the 1930's before Pappas renovated it some and took over. I have been a customer since the early 60's.

I have eaten at Ruth Chris all over the US and I will have to say houston is ranked in my top Five of cities I've eaten. New york city #1, San Francisco #2 then Houston. I have also eaten at Perrys twice. There is no comparison what so ever. Just save up and Ruth Chris will do you just right. and O, there Lyonesse potatoes are to die for... Happy Eating and leave a generous tip..!!

I never ate at the Houston location, but the Ruth's Chris location in Austin is Excellent. Perrys is a little too extravagant for my taste.

HOWEVER, if your hubby is a meat eater, have you considered the Brazilian Steakhouse, Fogo de Chao???

Ruth's Chris

I've never been to RC (it is too far from my house) but I've been to Perry's. Perry's is really good and the ambiance is nice. I suggest reservations, the filet mignon, polish sausage appetizer, and mac & cheese. Bring a big appetite because the portions are huge.

Source(s): www.b4-u-eat.com

i haven't been to Perry's. but i did go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. everything there is absolutely delicious. warning it is pretty expensive.

if you like seafood the lobster bisque is really good.

and the steaks are incredible.

hope that helps!

RC