why do men think they have one rule for themselves,and its another one for us lady's?

do you ever find that men can do what they like,when they like,but if us lady's were to do what the men do or did then it's unacceptable to them?WHY?

• onlyme
    Best Answer

cos they`re all tossers sami thats why,they`re all dirty lying ratbags!!lol

Source(s): personal experience

Tough one here. Some men feel as though they need to be in control of everything, and if they let the woman decide anything at all it makes them a lesser of a man, but when in reality it really makes them look even worse if they are not willing to come to a mutual ground on things. I mean if it is okay for him to go out with the guys then by all means it is okay for you to have a girls night too. Some men think they can go where they want and do what they want, but that we should sit home with the kids and do housework all the time. Be there when they get home from wherever they have been and have supper waiting for them with a smile....I DON'T THINK SO!!!!! I think if he is going to do what he wants to when he wants to then you know what she should too!!!! The reason that it is unacceptable to these men is because if we did what they did, even though thats okay in there eyes, then they would have to start wondering like we do where we were and what we were doing.... They would have to be responsible then.....It's like that old saying "WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE, IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER!"

Good Luck

shelly e

P.S. Do what you want to in life, make yourself happy, life is to short to just sit around and do nothing.

You're asking the age old question that probably has no answer (yeah...you really wanna hear that). If you fight the "status quo," they guys think/treat you like you're a bi***. If you roll over and take it, you're reinforcing the "status quo."

IMHO, there are guys out there who don't buy into the double standard because they have too much respect for their (actually...all of the) ladies. Although they are a rare breed, they are worth seeking out.

The downside is, it IS a man's world, and I don't know if there is a solution to it where you won't get kicked in the assets for standing up to it.

If your guy friends or boyfriend believes in the double-standard (unfortunately...it's the norm), and you don't, move on, Hon.

Because in a similar situation women do the same, my ex did that to me!

I had to do has she said and if i didnt then that was the end of the line but if i laid a rule down she placed runoff rules so basically its not just men women can do it!

Because my darlin, thats what some women do. Most of us learn our behaviour from our mums. So if you had a weak mum (alright she may well have been lovely to you), you would probably turn out to be the same. But the good news is..... you can change and get stronger. Positive thinking is required.

Well men can think what they want as they can't control women no matter how hard they try. We are all equal in life and they need to learn this otherwise the man will be all alone.

Yeah i know where your coming from, if we fall out i think i actually say that to my boyfriend. I can do the same as what he's done and causes an argument but it's ok for him to do it in the first place! Where would we be without them!

sorry about that. on behalf of all the men on this planet i truly apologise and hope that we can make it up to you and all the other women on earth.

as for why we act like you described, i'm not sure, just that we have this inbuilt, caveman tendency that makes us think we are top shite when in our civilised times we should all be equal.

again i'm sorry...

Women tend to think about how their actions will affect the people around them.

When it comes to relationships,

instead of thinking about your best friend that will be mad at you, because you like their ex-boyfriend,

think about yourself for once and do what you have to in order to be happy.

Source(s): Hope I helped http://myspace.com/spyfoxqt
  • Mike T

Hmmm. In my experience it's the girls who have one rule for themselves, but another rule for me!

Guess that's a girl's prerogative though!

it,s control! my wife can do anything she chooses. within reason. i don,t own her.some men { not all} live by a double stanard. i have the utmost respect for my wife. it,s about trust.

denny.g