Which of these three books is best to read? I have to read two for my summer reading list?

here are the books to choose from

Andromeda Strain – Michael Crichton

Knight Life – Peter David

Welcome to the Monkey House – Kurt Vonnegut

The Learning Tree – Gordon Parks

The Namesake – Jhumpa Lahiri

Best Answer

My two would be The Learning Tree and The Namesake. I enjoyed them both. But if you have time this summer read them all and then Choose the best one to discuss in school. Then you could have something to input on all of them if you have a book discussion. And it never hurts to read more than what's required of you. Good Luck and have a great summer!

Andromeda Strain – Michael Crichton

The Learning Tree – Gordon Parks

You are so lucky! Most teachers require the reading of books that are much drier.

Andromeda Strain – Michael Crichton

Is an Awesome book, I think you'd enjoy it.

Knight Life – Peter David

I checked the library for this one and put it on hold to read myself.

Have a great Summer! Pandora

• Carl P

Andromeda Strain – Michael Crichton

I have read these two and liked them.

Monkey house can be riske at times. And the book has other stories.

Andromeda Strain is a good thriller SF but can get too far into details. I liked it however.

• TW K

The Namesake – Jhumpa Lahiri

TW K

The Namesake is by far my favorite book to come out in the last few years. The movie was not bad, but just does not do this novel justice so don't consider that short cut (not that I would ever suggest doing that).

If you have never read Vonnegut before, I definitely think now is the time to start!

Have fun with whatever you choose, I don't think you will go wrong with any of these!!

I've tried to read The Namesake 3 times and I haven't gotten past page 12 yet! I'd say stay away from it. I'd suggest the Kurt VOnnegut book, and probably The Andromeda Strain, as well.

Source(s): English Major

Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton.

I agree with Lizmed. Without knowing you it would be hard to recommend specific books. Look at our answers; some loved the Namesake, others can't get into it. Read the first 50 pages of each book. Finish all the ones that appeal to you most. Have Fun!

Source(s): English teacher -- assigning and recommending books for 20 years.

Wow, that's a no longer basic decision. Now i will alert you that i'm an English important, meaning my flavor is slightly...available. So, take this checklist with a grain of salt. So that's a catalogue of my favorites from that checklist. the 1st 3 are my precise possibilities, after that that's in basic terms sort of a random checklist. once you're gonna examine Shakespeare, pretty lots something is nice. My very own favs from the checklist are Hamlet and A Midsummer night's Dream. Hamlet is a complicated revenge tragedy. Hamlet's father is supposedly killed by utilizing his uncle who then marries Hamlet's mom and Hamlet contraptions out to make certain if his uncle extremely killed his father and to take the mandatory revenge. A Midsummer night's Dream is largely an exceedingly staggering comedy. The plot is fairly convoluted yet not greater so than the different romantic comedy. Gulliver's Travels -- it extremely is a political satire Gulliver travels to 4 diverse imaginary lands and observes their society. extremely something from quick is astounding. For a shorter examine check out A Modest concept. that's basically some pages even regardless of the undeniable fact that that's actually staggering. heart of Darkness & issues crumple -- for my section you may no longer examine one without the different. the two take care of ecu Imperialism in Africa. Achebe wrote his e book based on the assumption the guts of Darkness elucidates the horrors of imperialism. Achebe is a present day author and his e book is greater obtainable than HoD, yet Conrad's e book is greater of a novella/long short tale than a e book. the great Gatsby - that's set in the Nineteen Twenties and deals heavily with classification themes. The plot is a sprint puzzling to describe without giving freely the ending... Lord of the Flies Candide -- A dissatisfied youthful guy is going in seek of utopia in fact. brave New international Beowulf -- in case you examine this, you may examine the Seamus Heaney translation. areas are tedious yet all in all i think of it extremely is a relaxing examine. Inferno Robinson Crusoe The Crucible Frankenstein arrogance trustworthy -- This one particularly is the place that total "i'm an English important" factor might make you slightly careful of my techniques