I'm doing a project about pediatric internship. i need some usefull resources or some people who know what it is and how it works.
1. What kind or things do they do for pediatric internship?
2. How long does pediatric internship take?
3. Where can pediatric internship be taken?
4. What does a student get out of pediatric internship?
5.What do they teach?
any extra information or tips? or websites?
- Diane ALv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Are you doing it on a medical doctor internship on pediatrics? A peds MD internship is 1 year and 2 years after that for residency. You can do it at a dedicated pediatric hospital (children's hospital). They do a minimum of 1 month rotations each year on general peds wards; peds ER, PICU, NICU, labor & delivery, newborn nursery, outpatient clinics, oncology, surgery and pediatric specialties/electives such as adolescent medicine, allergy, genetics, cardiology, infectious diseases, transplant medicine, etc. They train in both in-patient wards and out-patient clinics. You can get information from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). I s this what you need?