Poll: Emotional Cheating vs. Physical Cheating?

Whis is worse? Comments are welcome.

Age Group:

a. 18-24

b. 25-30

c. 31-36

d. 37-42

e. 43-49

f. 50-56

g. 57-65

h. 65+

Cheating type:

1. emotional

2 physical

Me: B, 1. In my opinion is physical is not as bad because there is no attachment to that person. It's just a wham-bam ty mam. Next? I'm not saying it's better, but in conversation I had earlier, this topic came up and got heated with some people.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

b:1

Like you I agree that the emotional aspect is worse, becuse it's a betraial of the heart. It tells the one person that your suppost to be the most honest with that I don't care or want you anymore. Sex is sex but emotional contact is the most profound aspect of human relationships. It what seperates us from the rest of the animals in the world.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

B

wow.. this is a hard one.. i would have to say.. hmmmmm physical.. only because.... physical.. u can never change.. it already happened... but at least with emotional.. yes it would hurt more.... cuz it deals with feelings... at least it has a chance to change.... just because they love the other person now.. or whatever the case may be.. doesnt mean they will love them tommorrow... doing the deed can sometimes be the end of a relationship.. but both i disagree with

• 4 years ago

emotional cheating is cheating but its the lesser of the two only cuz with emotions you can hide them sometimes and hopefully they will go away and physical cheating you are going to leave eveidence behind somewhere and people are going to know you are cheating....

• 1 decade ago

Instinctively women would rather a man not get emotionally attached to another woman. Men don't want their woman physical with another man. This is because women feel that their security is challenged if their man becomes emotionally attached to someone else. Men instinctively feel that their reproduction is challenged if their woman is physical with someone else. It's in the psyche books.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

c, 1. An emotional affair seems to have more of a connection. However, both are bad news no matter what.

• 1 decade ago

b1

I can't fathom the idea of my husband wanting another woman in any way, but for him to have an emotional affair would hurt so much more than a physical encounter...NOT that either is okay (just had to clarify) :)

• 1 decade ago

I agree with women the emotional cheating is worse, but with men it is the physical.

• 1 decade ago

C. 1 and 2 cheating is cheating If my husband told me that he cheated in either way it would be over.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

BOTH leave scars. Emotional abuse will wear you out , it will affect your self steam. Physical how long can you take it? Next time he hurt you, it might be your last. He could end up killing you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

C group, Emotional is bad the feelings are there.

but both hurt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.