How do you make text glow with html?

"I know you can, because my friend has it on his html site."

When ever I try, it doesn't work, so could some one give me the code to make the word "galexy" glow red.

Favorite Answer

It's not done with only HTML, it's either flash, javascript or an image. You can go online and search for glowing text effect and I'm sure you will find something.

There are two ways you can do it. One is to have the words you want, displayed, as an image. For example, use Photoshop to create a .jpg or .png image, using a background and font of your choice and diddle the font and a filter so that the text glows.

Another way you might proceed, a little more iffy, is to TRY to find a font which includes a glowing font. For this latter, you'd use CSS, such as <p style="font-family: glow,Arial,sans-serif;">Hello,world</p>

The second method, I call, iffy, because, it is not guaranteed, that *everyone* has a computer or browser on which the specified font will be displayed properly, whereas an image will be guaranteed (inasmuch as it has "already been composed" and is not "on the fly").

• Lynne

check the following links ...