Why do jobs give stupid tests?

I don't understand why jobs give tests that ask questions about smoking weed or drinking, those things don't apply to me, so why do I have answer them? And how come places that do give those test have the WORST customer service??!!!!!

Also, they never have the answer I would put, I never agree with any of them.

Dances with Unicorns, I agree, most of these places are retail stores.(I just want an easy part time job)

Favorite Answer

There are a lot of times they give these tests to see if you answer the questions the same each time they are asked. See they may ask it one way this time and completely different the next. These tests may seem stupid but you would be surprised how many people actually contradict themselves without even knowing it. It may seem stupid at the time but if you had a company wouldn't you want honest people to handle your money?

I have had those tests but I can't remember if I got the job or not. I did say that I would report them because they would probably tend to steal other things as well.

They want to weed out (no pun intended) the people who are stupid enough to do those things. I suspect they HAVE the tests because they're busy hiring low-lifes for minimum wage. Places that ask questions like that are, in my experience, good places NOT to work.

When filling out an application, the store or business doesn't know you from anyone else,so they need to know certain things about you.Your health,to see if you have committed a crime and to see if you know enough to do the job, is just part of the process of getting a job. Just be patient and answer all questions honestly.

I'd take a drug test any day. That's nothing, for my current job they fired live ammo above my head and used strobe lights to try to disorient me. I'm an archaeologist for crying out loud. Some kind of stress test. What do they think, I'm gonna flip out and start shooting party clowns?

Weak generalization, and they ask because they have had t deal with people that the questions do apply to.

Get used to it and thank the druggies and drunks for making life more difficult for those of us that are hard working trying to make a legal dollar.

I think they're just there to weed out the seriously dumb people - for example in the interviews for my last job my manager asked one 'candidate' "why do you want to be a teamleader"

and he said

"i don't, why is that what i've applied for?"

I got the job

• Tim

Because there are too many stupid people in the world.

It is something you are going to have to live with. The stupid people makes it tougher for the rest of us.

To help understand the applicant.

You don't have to answer any question you don't want to. Of course, they probably wouldn't be interested in talking to you any further.

That's because those things can affect your job and they want you to be up front and honest about the questionnaire they give you.