Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Is Ray Allen the new Ms. Cleo??

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/195189_so...

October, 2004.

"He's going to be very selfish," Allen said of Bryant. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points."

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

"He's out there playing, and if he does something good I feel like he needs to pat himself on the back because to me, it seems like he's isolated out there. As much as it's five-on-five, I don't see much camaraderie going on out there with his teammates."

Favorite Answer

It was predictable that Kobe wanted his own shine at the time, although at the end of the day it was Jerry Buss' call to not re-sign O'Neal. Also, he told Kobe he had no intention of paying the aging Super Star O'Neal that kind of money. Nevertheless, Kobe better watch out when it's his turn to get re-signed in the future and Buss turns his back on him.

He got Ms. Cleo beat. :P

He must be..lol

yes....