Nek Nomic asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Which Baseball teams have the most loyal fans?

I'm a Cubs fan so I do think we are but just give me your thoughts. We are always there for are team and it has been bad for a long time. I'm still not over 2003.

I like the Kirk Gibson HR that was one of the best ever!!! That guy always gave it his all!!

There is more Cubs fans then Cards fans by far. If we won it all it would be crazy all over the states. I'm not far from St.louis and there is way more cubs fans here.

Favorite Answer

I say BS to anyone who says anyone but the Cubs. We sell out our (in the words of other fans) "dilapidated 100 year old" falling apart Wrigley Field year after year after year. Yet we don't see it as dilapidated....we see it as the "Friendly Confines"...one of the single greatest creations in the world. We may be hostile at times...but it's because we are passionate about our team. When we are bad....we take it to heart. We put up with nonstop wannabe baseball fans (Sox and Cardinal....I looked at a question you asked a couple days ago and it really made me laugh..arn't Cardinal fans ignorant.....pulling out the population of Chicago to compare the fan base....being the baseball fans they are they probably havn't even heard of the White Sox.....theres Cub fans all across America....everytime I go on vacation somewhere, anywhere, you always see someone in a Cub hat or shirt...anyways back to your question) and still defend our team. Although a sexy woman in a Cub shirt is one of the most beautiful sights in the world, we go to a game to watch a game. A baseball game. We don't have some gigantic screen that we fill with stupid hat dances and kiss cams. We have a baseball game. We don't go to enjoy the weather...it usually sucks....could be 50 mile per hour wins howling towards the lake or 20 degrees in the beginning of May....but we are there to watch our team win or lose...rain or shine.

We heckle some of our own players... something that outside fans are often critical of. Why do we do this? We feel that they do not have the same passion for the game and Cubs organization we do. Corey Patterson, Jacque Jones, Antonio Alfonseca....all examples of guys who have seemed to step on the field just to earn their paycheck not put out an effort to win the game. You play the game the right way and with as much effort as possible you earn the respect of Cub fans.

We don't win. For heaven's sake....we havn't won a World Series in nearly a hundred years, but we are still there in bad years and good years. You want to hear a loyal Cub fan, listen to a Cubs broadcast and listen to Cub legend Ron Santo. Last October one of the last games of the season....the Cubs clearly eliminated and done, Ronnie gets heated over a blown call by an umpire. Two games to go, 20some games out of the playoffs and he expresses how he feels about a call. That's loyal.

Ya it's tough to put up with as much losing as I have put up with...and I'm just an 18 year old Cub fan. If by the time I am 90 years old, and the Cubs still havn't won a World Series....me, you, and the legion of Cub fans will still bleed Cubbie blue and tune into every game possible.

Hello...anytime a team wins a championship...FANS will COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK. You don't learn about loyalty of fans during good times, you learn about it in times of bad. To have sold out home games in a season where you lose 100 freaking games...that is loyalty. To sell out a World Series game..LA DE FREAKING DA. To have the whole crowd cheering at a World Series....ummmm it's the World Series, everybody who has as much as a Cardinal keychain is going to be screaming at the top of their lungs. You learn about LOYALTY whenever your team flat out sucks....you know it everyone who sees them knows it but you still wear that Cubbie blue....you still watch every game you have access to....THAT IS LOYALTY!!

I kind of vented a little bit. Haha, sorry once I got started I realized I couldn't stop.

Go Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad is a cubs fan and he's pretty loyal, and i know alot of other Cubs fan and my dad isn't over 2003 either, so i think the Cubs have the most loyal fans... but the Astros and Rockies series was hard for some Astros fans....

Source(s): my mind

I'd also have to give it to Cubs fans. If you can follow a team throughout almost a century of not winning a title, that's dedication. However, a major LOL thrown at mentioning the Yankees.

Maybe in the past the Yankees did have the most loyal fan base (before my time though), but a good portion of Yankees fans today are incredibly fickle, come off incredibly spoiled and have that smug sense of entitlement... and don't have much of a come back when they lose than the good ol' "oh, we have 26 championships" rhetoric.

Philadelpia by far.

Phillies have more loses then any franchise not just in baseball history but in sports history.

Will eclipse 10,000 all-time loses this season.

The Phillies have been around for 124 years and have won 1 World Series ever.

The Phillies have only made the playoffs twice since 1983 , the last time in 1993.

Yet the stadium still sells out,on average the Phils draw close to 3 Million fans a year. So little debate here ,Phillies fans are the most loyal.

Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and the Chicago Cubs

Source(s): big baseball fan

I have to say the Cleveland fans. Think about it, they are the only city with all three major sports, and they have not won a championship since, I believe 64. And don't look for the Cavs to win this year. LeBron has NO help, so he's doing it almost by himself. They still need a slashing point guard. But I'll wait and see on rookie Daniel Gibson. Maybe he's the scorer they'll need for next year. Oh and get rid of Hughes, he stinks.

I would have to say a tie between the Cubs-Yankees- and Boston Red Sox fans.

Cardinals. there's chicago people that are cardinals fan. no missouri people are cubs fans. some change to cardinals fans from cubs fans yadayada. sea of red! cardinals mania! go crazy folks go crazy! the cardinals won the world series in 06 and man oh man the energy in the stadium could have made a spontanious combustion earthquake! if they let fans run on the field some one would have died it would be like a stampeed of bulls gone nuts. 06, 82, 67, 64, 46, 44, 42, 34, 31, 26. i know those by heart! all the years the Cardinals were WORLD CHAMPIONS. whether the whole team combined for only 60 home runs or mcwire hits 65 or pujols hits 49...the cardinals are the best thing for baseball and fans love it

I would say the Cubs. I think a lot of the fans are becoming more hostile, and tonight's 5-4 loss to the Braves still has me fuming, but they still sell out every game. The Bankees and BoSox fans are jerks and it's easy to support teams that are good every year, and most fans only come out of the woodwork when their team is actually having a good season.

The New York Yankee's, the Philadelphia Phillies and the die hard Chicago Cubs!