Scratches?

How can I get scratches off my digital camera and the screen?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bEST WILL GET 10 POINTS!!

• DougF
    Favorite Answer

Scratches to the body should not affect the camera's functions. They are unfortunate if you had wanted it to look pristine, but I am not sure that there is much you can do. Any touch up is likely to look like that - a touch up, and may make matters worse rather than better.

Minor scratches will not affect the operation of the LCD. They might make it more difficult to see the image if the light catches the scratches and reflects badly. You can stop further scratching of the monitor by putting a protective film over the monitor. These are now widely available for camera LCD monitors. If you cannot find a camera specific one, it is possible to trim a PDA screen protector to fit. Remember that PDA screen protectors are designed for use with a stylus, ie are touched and scratched continually. They are tougher and appear less flexible that the camera types.

Any protector will slightly alter the brightness of the screen - normally this will be barely detectable, but if you get bubbles under the film, this can be a pain. The protector needs to be carefully applied to prevent this.

• Terisu

I don't know of any way to get scratches off after they happen. The best thing is to protect your camera from scratches and prevent them from happening. If it's the lens, always replace the lens cap. If you can, put a UV filter on it. If you put your camera in your purse, make sure it's in a protective case.

ok....place camera under running water,and rub with a brillo pad in a circular motion.if this doesnt work try some 100 grit sand paper and toothpaste.

• Elvis

it is doubtful that you can.

I don't know of any