Is it true that Mormom's don't drink alcohol? If so, why is that again? Thanks?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, Mormons do not drink alcohol. Originally, this was given as a commandment of the Lord to Joseph Smith in the early days of the church. As already said, it has to do with the belief that the body is a temple and a gift from God.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Many other Christians also don't drink alcohol bc we believe that the body is the temple of God, not to be defiled. Alcohol can be very harmful to the brain, liver and pancreas. Many Mormons also do not consume caffeine. Likewise for Mennonites, Seventh Day Adventists, etc. OK ppl, don't have a cow, I'm not imposing my beliefs on others, just answering a question at yahoo answers. hehe

• Amy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They don't drink alcohol. It's against their "Word of Wisdom". They used to use it but something happened to their supply so they got a revelation to stop. I'm not sure of all the details, but you can find out more at:

www.exmormon.org

• KS
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The church recommends they don't drink it. It is because alcohol is a drug, which can damage the mind and body...and they believe in treating their body as a temple.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If I had 4 wives I couldn't stop drinking once I started.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not Mormon, I'm a Christian and I have never drank alcohol in my life. My choice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

anyone with 20 wives with PMS would need alcohol I think

Source(s): a guess
  • 1 decade ago

If they drink too much they admit their religion is a sham.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perhaps it has something to do with their magic underwear.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.