Is it true that Mormom's don't drink alcohol? If so, why is that again? Thanks?

Favorite Answer

Yes, Mormons do not drink alcohol. Originally, this was given as a commandment of the Lord to Joseph Smith in the early days of the church. As already said, it has to do with the belief that the body is a temple and a gift from God.

Many other Christians also don't drink alcohol bc we believe that the body is the temple of God, not to be defiled. Alcohol can be very harmful to the brain, liver and pancreas. Many Mormons also do not consume caffeine. Likewise for Mennonites, Seventh Day Adventists, etc. OK ppl, don't have a cow, I'm not imposing my beliefs on others, just answering a question at yahoo answers. hehe

• Amy

They don't drink alcohol. It's against their "Word of Wisdom". They used to use it but something happened to their supply so they got a revelation to stop. I'm not sure of all the details, but you can find out more at:

www.exmormon.org

• KS

The church recommends they don't drink it. It is because alcohol is a drug, which can damage the mind and body...and they believe in treating their body as a temple.

If I had 4 wives I couldn't stop drinking once I started.

I'm not Mormon, I'm a Christian and I have never drank alcohol in my life. My choice.

anyone with 20 wives with PMS would need alcohol I think

Source(s): a guess

If they drink too much they admit their religion is a sham.

Perhaps it has something to do with their magic underwear.